How to wire multiple roof lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've decided that I want to go with the "old school" look of multiple lights on the roof rack instead of a new LED bar, (like Overland Bound's 80 series.) How do I wire up the lights to work off 1 switch? I'll be using a switch panel with an accompanying relay block.
Everything I find online refers to how you wire up a light bar or how to run the wires. I'm talking about the literal connections between the lights. What are the connections/sequence of wiring? Any special hardware or connectors used? Could I use a 3 way junction connection and wire them up in parallel?

20210903_174115.jpg

Screenshot_20210915-003837_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20210915-005034_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Are the lights still LED or incandescent?
If LED, then just one circuit should do. Daisy chain them to a relay, then put switch on the relay for control.
If incandescent, prob best to split them between 2 circuits, 1 relay per circuit. Then daisy chain the two relays to the switch for control.
The connection between the lights specifically would simply be all the 'reds' together, and all the 'blacks' to ground - either local per light or run back to a single ground.
Several methods for joining the wiring - butt connectors, solder/heatshrink, the connectors you show here, etc.

I went this route with a code 3 connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom