How to slide rear window track bracket back? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
The track bracket that attaches to the window on the rear door, how to slide back into position? The window motor roller falls out because it has migrated forward on the window a couple centimeters.

Me gently and then more forcefully hammering it have no effect. On super snug.

97A1FFDF-1742-46C5-9D97-99DF25F781FA.jpeg

I just did this one last month after following a couple threads. I just looked but can't seem to find the thread I had used. When I did this I used a couple dowels and a lot of force to pry the window just enough back into position. Just when I thought the window was going to shatter, it finally gave just those couple centimeters back into position and worked perfectly without coming off the track anymore. I also replaced the window run at the same time. Good luck!

When I had to do this in the shop, we did it with the glass pulled, on a work bench. Tapping the glass out with a rubber mallet then back in the same. Sometimes needing to pry gently with one of my nylon weather strip insert tools. I normally had to do this because the glass needed to be replaced or came out on its own. The fit is normally just snug, relying on the rubber inserts to hold it in the channel. I have encountered quite a few where someone (glass shop?) epoxied the glass in the channel. That would have to be done with everything installed so the glass is centered properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom