Rear window falls off track (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve done some searching on this site and facespace. But haven’t found a solution. Maybe I’ve got bad search skillz ?… but, advise would be appreciated. Both of my rear windows on my 97 80 started falling of the window track at the same time. I have cleaned the rails, lubed, checked alignment. They will work a couple times, then boom, Window won’t go back up. Motor works fine. Have to physically pull window up. I’ve tried no less than 10 times to fix and always same outcome. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong. All looks clean and straight. Really need fixed as this is my main rig for taking the dogs, they love to have the windows down so this sucks for them… any advice appreciated, trolls please go troll someone else

Try this thread:

I’ve done some searching on this site and facespace. But haven’t found a solution. Maybe I’ve got bad search skillz ?… but, advise would be appreciated. Both of my rear windows on my 97 80 started falling of the window track at the same time. I have cleaned the rails, lubed, checked alignment. They will work a couple times, then boom, Window won’t go back up. Motor works fine. Have to physically pull window up. I’ve tried no less than 10 times to fix and always same outcome. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong. All looks clean and straight. Really need fixed as this is my main rig for taking the dogs, they love to have the windows down so this sucks for them… any advice appreciated, trolls please go troll someone else
Funny thing, after working on this and trying most of the things you guys have posted. Seems it just wanted to be wheeled hard. Took her out last weekend and did some pretty gnarly trail. Guess all the flexing helped. Just went out lubed, cleaned, checked alignment and measurements. Now, knock on wood, it’s working and not falling off the track. Actually rolls up faster than the other 3 now. Guess it’s time to clean the rest of them. Thanks for the help and replies, much appreciated

This is the problem:
1693784647666.png
replace it.

1693784687618.png

Not available from partsouq. Anyone found any? (Also, any more info besides "this?")

I've disassembled everything and see that the track looks more out of adjustment as anything, this part visually appears fine?

Can you post up some photos to show us what you're looking at?

Not available from partsouq. Anyone found any? (Also, any more info besides "this?")

I've disassembled everything and see that the track looks more out of adjustment as anything, this part visually appears fine?
The dealer?
1697023157148.png

FWIW, if it doesn't clamp the crap out of the glass, it's not right. It takes a hammer to insert the glass.

Which dealer? Mine doesn’t have anything in that diagram available. (Not considered a reliable source anyway.)

Follow up - reading elsewhere it seems item 10 (glass channel in FSM) actually needs replaced along with it which is the discontinued part I definitely can’t find. Just item 9 (glass channel filler) appears easier to source.

The tint on all of my glass is horrible. I may pause until I source windows because I fear I may have to replace it all.

Which dealer? Mine doesn’t have anything in that diagram available. (Not considered a reliable source anyway.)

Follow up - reading elsewhere it seems item 10 (glass channel in FSM) actually needs replaced along with it which is the discontinued part I definitely can’t find. Just item 9 (glass channel filler) appears easier to source.

The tint on all of my glass is horrible. I may pause until I source windows because I fear I may have to replace it all.
No dealer will have 80 series parts in stock, unless they're still used on current models. Any dealer, including the e-commerce sites, will be able to order it, and the storefront dealers will be able to get most parts, like this one, next day.

You only need the part I gave you the part number for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom