How to reset your “maint required”/oil change light. (Instructions) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
Not sure if it was ever posted here, but I had mine done at the local ‘Yoda dealer since the service peeps see me plenty over at the parts counter.

1. With either the motor running or just key in the ‘on’ position, keep cycling the trip button next to your odometer to ‘Trip A’.

2. Turn off the motor or just turn ignition to ‘off’ position.

3. While holding down the trip selector button next to the odometer, turn the key just to the ‘on’ position. Keep holding that button down.

The odometer display will show ‘————‘, then ‘———‘, then ‘——‘, finally ‘—‘ during this period while you’re still pressing the button with key in position 1/ ‘on’. Took about 5-7seconds.

4. Still holding that odometer / trip button, turn the key off.

At this point if you did all the above right, you now have reset your “maint req’d” light.

Turn your Tundra/Sequoia ignition all the way to running motor - doublecheck your work.

You should be done.

I’d seen a few variations on the internetz, so I had Karen do mine since she was free & looked at me funny like I ought to know this based on prior general talks in the dealership, and after watching it was really simple.

Mebbe this will help some of you like me, I think our clusters & maybe the process is different than 200 series LC’s. IDK for sure, anyhow - that was the process.

‘12 Tundra for the record, should work for all G2 Tundras & Sequoias.

Not sure if anybody had posted this here in Mud.

HTH somebody.

This process applies to the vast majority of Toyota vehicles as well, just fyi. There are some exceptions that require starting on the odometer instead of trip A, but same process.

Bump since doing this today.

New info:

had to my own reset via ‘trip A’ today to make it work.
I’m still shy of 80K & it started the scrolling ‘home reset’ screen.

Video link -

I guess it scrolls, it’s not always the ‘home odometer’ - today I reset mine via ‘trip A’ as the home screen.

If video link breaks, just try my original thing in all 3 modes - main odometer, then Trip A, mebbe ending in Trip B (IDK) - try all modes in the original format if YT vid link breaks.
Or make written notes to do so.

Just trying to bring all the info to us who rather do our own maint.

HTH, my old info is good but needed update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom