How to replace sunroof seal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HGB

Threads
On my third 200 series LX and am experiencing both water intrusion when washing the car and extremely excessive wind noise when driving and the shade is open. This noise is unlike any other LX I’ve had. Some noise is normal, this is very annoying to where it can affect in cabin conversation.

Does anyone know the part number for the sunroof seal and or how to remove and replace it?

Have you checked to see if the sunroof drains are clear? May not be related to the noise you are experiencing, but may be the reason behind your water intrusion.

HTH

The glass may be out of adjustment? First thing i would check if any tear on the glass seals and see if the glass is adjusted properly.

there is no pn for the seal you have to replace the glass. water intrusion is most likely the drains on the sunroof frame are clogged and you can clean them out with a gentle shot of air from an air gun.

there is no pn for the seal you have to replace the glass. water intrusion is most likely the drains on the sunroof frame are clogged and you can clean them out with a gentle shot of air from an air gun.

no way - you can (I have) replace the seal. A few torx gets the glass out (behind the accordion plastic). Remove it and replace seal.

part -63251-12190

D0D87D82-313F-4864-AE60-836158096BC7.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes!! Thank you. You’re the man. How long did the job take? easy for an inept diyer?

the hardest part is getting the sunroof in and out without hitting the paint. I was solo and used a few towels.

Reactions: HGB
the hardest part is getting the sunroof in and out without hitting the paint. I was solo and used a few towels.

Could you shed some specific light on what you had to do to remove the glass?

Could you shed some specific light on what you had to do to remove the glass?

Raise the glass up, remove the accordion plastic which reveals torx bolts on each side (I think 2). Unscrew and lift the glass up and out (I didn't have a roof rack at the time). I think you could also angle it down and through the cab.

edit - I don't think there was anything special about the plastic accordion either, I think just pry it gently from the ends

Last edited:
Raise the glass up, remove the accordion plastic which reveals torx bolts on each side (I think 2). Unscrew and lift the glass up and out (I didn't have a roof rack at the time). I think you could also angle it down and through the cab.

edit - I don't think there was anything special about the plastic accordion either, I think just pry it gently from the ends

Thank you.
I did get the glass out that way...replaced the seal.
Bummer is...identified (again) that the Prinsu rack install was botched big time...nda is causing leak still.

Ugh - I just freaking went through that! Also - when you reinstall the torx can adjust up and down so you need to check outside to make sure it’s level

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom