How to put gear oil in fairey overdrive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here I am again bothering you all about my fairey. I can't figure out how to get gear oil into it. It's the version on the split transfer case. The filler plug is located directly behind a gear that is spaced only 1/8" behind the filler hole. Not enough room to get a hose or nozzle in there. I'm thinking about getting some fittings to screw a filler hose into the plug hole. Problem with that though, I couldn't tell when it was full. There is probably something obvious I haven't considered. Any ideas? Thanks.

you would be able to tell when its full....use a clear hose and you will see oil staying in the hose. you will prolly have some spillage when you remove it but oh well.

hth

I got it filled. I used a clear 5/8" hose with a flared plastic fitting that fit tight and sealed in the filler hole. The gear oil is too thick to run back down the hose in a timely fashion, so I had to pull it out every few pumps to see if it was full yet. I'm still wondering if there might be another location where I could pump the oil into the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom