How much lift from a trim packer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I've searched and read a bunch of threads. Can anyone share the ratio of rear trim packer to change in body lift? Just a rough idea.

My simple mind says 10mm of trim packer on both sides is 10mm of increased lift since it is a solid axle and there aren't angles involved (like the front factory spacer that nets more lift than the amount of spacer).

If someone can just tell me that is correct and slap me on the back of the head like Gibbs did to Dinozzo on NCIS, I'll let this thread die a peaceful death.

Why? I'm thinking about adding a trim packer as a short term solution before a long trip next month. I'm happy with my springs (ome 2721) but with a full travel/camping load I'm lower than when I had originally set it up with no metal bumpers, full jerry cans, fridge, gear, aluminum rtt and heavier cargo boxes. Like me, the 200 has gained weight over the last few years. :)

I suspect the "real" answer is to get longer and possibly higher rate front king springs from filthy and probably 2722 rears (although I'd really like a progressive rate...) with Airbagman airbags for the occasional towing. I'd probably just rebuild my shocks while I have it apart though, and that is definitely more than I'm going to fit into the next three weeks, even if I could source parts in time.

If someone can just tell me that is correct and slap me on the back of the head like Gibbs did to Dinozzo on NCIS, I'll let this thread die a peaceful death.

LMAO

You are correct. The rear spacer increases the lift to the size /thickness of the spacer. I have even doubled up the OME 10 mm trim packers to get the desirerld height. Works well.

Thwack

Thanks Boss.

/end thread

Last edited:
Thanks.

Thwak.

/end thread

I 2nd the yes to your original question.

That said, I encourage you to get airbags. It'll do what you're looking for and more, setting you up to accommodate future changes as well.

I 2nd the yes to your original question.

That said, I encourage you to get airbags. It'll do what you're looking for and more, setting you up to accommodate future changes as well.

Yes, bags can work well for certain applications.

With my 100 series, i had it perfectly dialed in and amazing...

However, when i put my XR650 on the back on a Joe Hauler, the front end would LITERALLY come off the ground over the large frost heaves we have here on the freeways, scary as all hell.

Put bags on, 100% eliminated issue.

When bike on back, filled the bags, when no bike, deflated bags.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom