How much does an ARB front bumper really weigh? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
i am waiting for mine to arrive but the tracking place says the package weighs 140lbs ??? is that right? I know they package them like nothing else but is there that much?

thanks
mike

It is on a wooden skid and a big box so that weight is probably included..UNLESS you accidently ordered 2 ARB's :doh:

Seriously, it weighs about 70 lbs. Dont sweat it... I lifted it up and put it on my bumper myself. it literally took 20 mins to install...pretty ironic.

LinkPhoto

This is the box it came in..on a wooden palet..it is BIG.

Here is some motivation.

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

Good luck..and take some pics and post when get it...you will have a HUGE :D when you are done!

later,
joe

[quote author=- S.A. - link=board=2;threadid=7840;start=msg65920#msg65920 date=1069379545]Good luck..and take some pics and post when get it...you will have a HUGE :D when you are done!
[/quote]

When i said you will have a " HUGE :D " ...i meant you will have a huge [glow=red,2,300]SMILE[/glow] once you are done.

JUNK, on the otherhand, probably had a huge boner when he was done installing his arb! :flipoff2: :D haha

trust me no motivation needed I cant wait to get it iw as sad to find out ill only have a half a day with it before i have to take off for colorado and leave the rig at home. thanks for the pics though

mike

LX,

How much did you pay for it ? and S&H charge ?
Might get one someday...now I'm just drooling...

Frank.

well i was quoted $555 + $100 for shipping but i got duped a bit and and ended up paying $682.00 shipped to the shop.

S.A.- what size tires do you have on there?

[quote author=lx450landcruiser link=board=2;threadid=7840;start=msg65951#msg65951 date=1069383230]
well i was quoted $555 + $100 for shipping but i got duped a bit and and ended up paying $682.00 shipped to the shop.

[/quote]

I hardly call $27 duped!

I invoice the shipping for the exact amount it cost to ship it, and in your case, less as you recall.

ARB packages these bumpers very well, when I "estimated" $100, I was judging on other shipments in the past.

Sorry you feel duped...
???

Also, I called and OK'd the additional shipping amount with you prior to the shipment... I wish you would have voiced your concern then.

At any rate, thanks again for the order and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the bumper.

Thanks...

Im sorry i guess duped was the wrong word to use. I was really counting on shipping being $100 as i am on a very tight budget and one of the reasons i decided to go ahead and get the bumper was because it was such a good deal.
For any that reads that its not what i meant i am very happy with the sevice and the although i havent yet recived the bumper im sure ill be happy with it as well. I would highly recomend Kurt and im sure i will go back to him with my buisness.

[quote author=lx450landcruiser link=board=2;threadid=7840;start=msg66338#msg66338 date=1069461353]
Im sorry i guess duped was the wrong word to use. I was really counting on shipping being $100 as i am on a very tight budget and one of the reasons i decided to go ahead and get the bumper was because it was such a good deal.....
[/quote]

Thanks Mike... I'll make sure we hook you up in the futue as well... :D;)

Sounds like ya got a good deal! Wish my wife would let me put one on her truck. A couple deer ran in front of us tonight just going out to eat. That box will be huge, bigger than a side-by-side 'fridge. My kids loved it, but holy cow what a bunch of cardboard. Not too heavy for install, but a floor jack to balance it on helps while installing. I was just going to stick it up there to see how it looked, slipped it on and bolted it down in minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom