How much bigger? (drivers seat/area) + Sequoia/GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While we're teasing at details, they're all fine vehicles to travel in. I do have a soft spot for the GX as I think it walks a great balance and price point.

I wonder if the Sequoia has a Tundra 1794 interior equivalent?

To the OPs original question, I find the 200-series biggest advantage is in width. Throughout the cabin.

To add, the LX does get a bit more comfort from seat ergonomics and additional adjustability. Two more dimensions of adjustability. Also a tilt adjustabilible headrest.

Depends upon what you do with it too. Even the 200 gets a little wide at times. There are definitely trail I do that my old Tundra (or a sequoia) are just too wide for (and forgedabout break over angles).

Trail from yesterday:
45E547AD-6700-4519-A434-1FF6BF562D73.jpeg

The Sequoia's steering is also wayyyyy easier. I mean you can practically steer it with your pinky. On the other hand, the 200 is a lot harder to steer. I actually prefer the 200 steering because it makes it feel like a tank, but you wanted to factor in driving fatigue so that's also a play there as well.

I whole heartedly agree with this and it played a large role in why we didn't purchase a Sequoia when we were seriously considering one simply to get more room. We were coming out of a 2019 LX570 and the difference in build quality was astounding. This is not to say that the Sequoia is built badly, but it's just no where near the build of the LC and definitely not the LX. To put it plainly, the Sequoia is basically a Tundra with a camper shell and rear IFS. They share the same textiles and plastics and general layout and design and are on par with one another in terms of attention to detail and build quality. If the interior of a Tundra doesn't bother you or feel cheap to you then the Sequoia will check out. The only part of the Land Cruiser that I feel shares in these same cheaper feeling textiles/plastics is the dash, it feels very similar to that of the Tundra/Sequoia.
I totally agree. Sometimes I get in my mom's car and regret the decision because there is a large build quality difference between the two. Again, not saying the Sequoia is built badly, it's just to a different level than the LC. However, the fit and finish of the Sequoia doesn't really bother me. To me, I see it as a tool and it'll be used like one. LC are tools as well, just dressed up ones haha.

I'm 6'2", 290. There are times I wish I had another inch and a half in putting my seat back.

But otherwise agree with everything said. Wife and I were shopping for Crewmax's and when I stumbled upon an LX in my price range all other vehicles fell by the wayside. Something about that first drive in a 40/60/80 makes you want to drive Cruisers forever. The Land Cruiser just seems to have no equal on the road.

Thanks again everyone! It looks like the 460 is out of the running. Should I consider a 100 series as well? Looks like its right in the mix with the 200 and the sequoia.

I failed to mention that they will all be used so trying to afford a 200 would be a high mile one.

I love the looks of the 100 but it just isn't anywhere near the 200 in terms of overall performance and capability. Not only that, trying to find a clean one with lower miles is also becoming rather difficult.

I love the looks of the 100 but it just isn't anywhere near the 200 in terms of overall performance and capability. Not only that, trying to find a clean one with lower miles is also becoming rather difficult.
Only thing a 200 has on a 100 is higher tow capacity. But yes age is catching up with them.

Personally I’d get an 80 before a 100

Only thing a 200 has on a 100 is higher tow capacity. But yes age is catching up with them.

Personally I’d get an 80 before a 100

More power, another 1-3 gears, better headlights (depending on year model), etc.

We still have our 80 and 100 (2 of them) and a 200 (all stock except the 200 has 18’s). Pinstripe avoidance notwithstanding, if we needed to really get away and make sure we wouldn’t get stuck, I’d take the LX, without a second thought. But that’s just me.

Now if our 80 (or 100) were triple locked, well, that’s a dream for another post in the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom