How many miles do you have on your FJC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well we're at 309,000+km (about 192,00miles) so we're closing in on the 200,000mile mark.
I just did the second rear brake job last month.
Still have a cracked windshield as I'm too cheap to replace it...again!
Especially with winter coming.
There is something starting to loosen in the front end (I suspect a tie-rod end) so I'll have to deal with that before there's too much snow on the ground.
The truck still has the come and go tranny shudder but it's never progressed to anything more.
I really want to give her another tranny oil change and change the rest of the driveline fluids to say thank you to her for rolling over the 300,000km mark...just haven't had the time lately! Soon my dear, soon....
So, she's starting to age a bit but it's got almost 200,000 miles so I can't complain at all.....the truck has never let me down and has never even been in a shop for that matter (other than to get new tires or windshields, but that doesn't count;)). Been a great, solid truck, I'd buy another in a heartbeat!
My previous truck was a 1991 toyota PU with a 22RE, I thought that thing was
bullet proof....this FJC just might give it a good run for it's money!

There is something starting to loosen in the front end (I suspect a tie-rod end) so I'll have to deal with that before there's too much snow on the ground.

It will be the inner, not the outer, but still a pretty easy job to tackle in the driveway. You'll need a new alignment when your done, unless you thread the tie-rod to the exact same spot as it was previously. Even then you'll probably just be close and not in perfect alignment.

Well I'm proud to say my baby rolled over 350,000km (217,480 miles).:clap:
It turns out the loose thing in the front end was the driver-side bearing, so I replaced both sides about 3 months ago.

Last month I bashed the front end off some rocks, bent the skid plate and damaged the tranny oil cooler lines, so I have replaced them as well.
I figured the slow leak help "flush" the system, it was almost due for some new tranny oil anyhow;) (I do mine every 50,000km)

This afternoon I did the front brakes pads, rotors and calipers.

Still runs like a gem.....but I figured for hitting her milestone I would run a can of sea foam through her just to say thanks for all the good, trouble free miles so far:)

Been a great truck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom