How many 1961 / 1962 FJ40's?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe Jim ... Our fearless leader can pull some of this out into a new thread... Or you can start a new thread in the 25 section and Jim will plop this info there.... Maybe you can call it the ' Mucho Cool FST 40 ' thread :)

Yes you are not an fj25 .... But... This is the place for old and cool... And your truck has both :)

I have a '61 Soft Top. Posted a build thread a while back, but not much in a while. It's cool to see all the other early FJ's out there.
I still have plans for power steering and a top in the near future.

1FJ40-10461

FJ pic 4.JPG

after a study of this thread i notice only one fj40 (1-fj40-10121) is older that than the 10125 pile of rust i am tinkering with. was just wondering if their anywhere on mud i can find a picture of this example so i can compare a few things? thanks

after a study of this thread i notice only one fj40 (1-fj40-10121) is older that than the 10125 pile of rust i am tinkering with. was just wondering if their anywhere on mud i can find a picture of this example so i can compare a few things? thanks

Yes there is: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1961-fj40-1st-year-of-the-40-series-cruiser-100-original.494413/

I have used both "cruiser innovations'" '61 photos linked above and your recent '61 photos to compare against my own '61 hard top. Invaluable. And greatly appreciated resources.

I love how you present your findings. Hope you continue.

thanks for that red. that thing is lovely; it has hop in and drive written all over it (if you read like me)! perhaps someone clever can link the pics to the list above like has happened with my 61.

let me know anything else you want to see; i will find or buy a replacement camera soon i promise. might even have to claim it as financial commitment!

I recently found another 1962 near me. I'll provide VIN# and where I found it as soon as I buy it!

I remember a guy with one in NH, kinda near the border of mass... A soft top... Be weird if it was the same one... It was in a guys dilapidated shed he called a garage :)

I believe Jim (Cruiser_Nerd) linked a early soft top for sale in his area a few years back.

Johnny am I correct that you don't have either of the 62s I have at least pieces of? One is the 62 parted out so the VIN could be used for a Icon. Second is the one I rescued from a junk yard. Both were titled as 63s.

Junk yard one could be titled and registered again. The junk yard said it was brought in with other FJ40s and this one was the only one that didn't have a title. Since it doesn't have a salvage title getting a bonded title should be easy. Even with salvage title with the short VIN it wouldn't show up any after this long. 81 and up Car Fax would haunt me.

Last edited:
This is a hardtop and another 1962 titled as a '64 (my '62 hardtop was another local hardtop truck titled as a '64)

This one is another parts truck. A few good parts left that I need, but not much steel left to the old gal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom