How many 1961 / 1962 FJ40's?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello you guys,,,,,,,,,,,I noticed from some research on MUD that 249 FJ40's were brought into the United States in 1961. 598 in 1962. Does anyone know if there is a list on MUD of folks who own a cruiser from those two years, perhaps listed by Vin number as well. Trying to figure out about how many are still out there. My 1962 is VIN 2-FJ40 15829.

It's not terribly hard to do a list like the ones in the 45 section. We have them broken down into LV, FHT, and RHT(US). It gets out of hand when its too big, like the 40 list.

If you want to start one what I did was do a search for those years. Collect all the info you want to include that you can find and arrange them by VIN/frame number. If you have the time it's neat to link build threads or single posts to as many trucks as you can.

If you make it more people will add theirs. I will be happy to sticky it too.

My Oldest FJ 40 is # 16135 and is stamped as a 1963 since that is when it was sold.

The VIN is actually a lower than NuclearLemons but hers is a 1962.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

all depended on when they got sold to a dealer. apparently, the west coast was more lax as the one built three after annie is titled as a 1962 and it appears to have been an east coast rig.

My 1962 is 12836

My Oldest FJ 40 is # 16135 and is stamped as a 1963 since that is when it was sold.

The VIN is actually a lower than NuclearLemons but hers is a 1962.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

actually, mine is titled as a 1963, with a build date in 1962

Wanted to throw this out there in case you guys didn't see it in the main section but came across a new oldest FJ40. Came across VIN 1FJ40-10182 in Classic Cruisers graveyard, which I believe makes the oldest 40 by 1 VIN number over the previously parted out 183 on here a while back.

Pics loaded here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/68576-who-has-oldest-earliest-fj40-faq.html

Also to add to fjfjfj question I have 3 1962 FJ40's I will add the VINs later

I have a 1961 FJ40 with VIN FJ4010455 in original condition that shipped with numerous Fj25/Fj40 parts like the windows, hood, and the side intake vent in the driver's side front fender. I'd be curious to find out where and when it was imported if anyone has the data to look that VIN up.

Thanks!!
-Wilson

i got 2 of clemsons :) ... which one an i missing?

you have a 61 attributed to clemson that he actually said was in the classic cruisers junkyard, and you have no 62s attributed to him, but he said he has three 1962s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom