how do you post a pic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
o.k. what's the deal? I've tried to drag and drop, i've tried to copy and past, i've tried the little button "insert Image" and i can't get the picture saved on my desktop to get into this window. ???
I just get this

what's the pic size and format?

90k max file size, 600x800 max pixel dimensions (or thereabouts)

must be jpg or gif formats too

they are .jpg and are 40kb.

hhhmmm....are you at home or work? I know a few people have firewall issues when in the office...I get that all the time with Yahoo and file transfers....

yea, i'm at work. I know we have a firewall that doesn't allow pictures in unless they are zipped. But they allow pics to be sent out.

I have to concur Woody ...

I've successfully found my way around most of the nuances of this software ;) , but I still run into times , for instance , when I cannot include a pic from my HD . I always follow the parameters [ file-size/type ] .

I have , on a modest number of occassions , given up altogether .

This place might be haunted ya know :D ;) ;)

Or is that just Junk's Mommas past coming back ....... [glow=red,200,3000] :flipoff2: :banana: :flipoff2:[/glow]

my guess is that since the forum software needs to effectively read your desktop to retreive the file, your firewall is resisting. You either A> need to make friends with another lister to post images, B> do it from home only, or C> find outside photohosting for images.

Wish I had an easier solution...

10-4. Sounds like i just won't be posting a pic. :'(

I'll test one...just for grins...

click Browse...find my desktop...click the file name (30k BTW)...click open....now my Attach: textbox says:
C:\Documents and Settings\bswearingen\Desktop\tee-test.jpg
Press Post and....viola...

GOT IT TO WORK!!! Thanks woody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom