How About a Tri-Club Event?? GC/UC/UCLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
Guys--Just kicking around and idea.

I'm thinking it would be very cool to get the Ga Cruisers, UC and UCLC all together for a CASUAL ride. With GSMTR being a huge task I'm really thinking of something easy to manage, no official "events" or headaches to have to deal with, just show up with a grill, a tent and a rig. No strings or hassle!

We've laid out our year's and have the July & August months open bt that's not the best camping weather. However, we have a little somethin' brewing in mid to late May that might work well if I can work it out. It would be in a good central location and easy to pull off.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea to me. But let's not forget our friends to the north (i.e.ONSC)
Let me know when and where.

I thought someone from UC was already supposed to be coordinating between clubs.

A simple group ride would be nice. Many don't realize how much planning goes into an event - especially when one or very few do all the planning.

ETA - we also had some Tennessee folks show up at the Watkinsville HAMOM. Wouldn't hurt to put an invitation out to those also.

Sounds like a great idea to me. But let's not forget our friends to the north (i.e.ONSC)
Let me know when and where.

sounds good to me. x2 on the work part, that's why I'm thinking simple and stress free. :cheers:

I have a time and place in mind but it may or may not work out, I'll keep you guys posted in the coming days.

Looks like we need a date and a place. Besides that everyone is responsible for their rig, their food, their beer, their shelter, etc. Come as you are, have a good time, no stress on the various club's BODs or any members who volunteer to organize the events.

Sounds good to me.

Looks like we need a date and a place...

The time and place I'm thinking of (which I don't want to mention until I discuss with him) would be perfect for about +/-20 tents but probably not for anything much bigger.

Any thoughts on a central location? How does Tellico sound???? oh yea, forgot. :mad::mad::mad: How about the Whee, oh?! dammit! :bang::bang:

Any thoughts on a central location? How does Tellico sound???? oh yea, forgot. :mad::mad::mad: How about the Whee, oh?! dammit! :bang::bang:

There lies the problem brother...

I'm willing. Let us know.

PM sent, Ted

PM sent, Ted

Yea, got it and replied. Thx

Just got off the phone with Adam, kicking around some ideas that may work out. We have our meeting Tuesday night and I will bring up for discussion and see where it takes us.

FWIW--The winner of the 62 is finally pickin' er up Tuesday and taking 'er back to Chicago via a side trip to DC (fingers crossed here!!!!!)

This sounds like a lot of fun, I know the clubs are busy but we have to make time to get together more often away from the typical "Events".

Looking forward to it.

I have been keeping an eye on all the clubs schedules and have talked directly with several other clubs about getting together. It is hard to get schedules to align and the best we've been able to muster is two clubs at a time. Example: the joint ride at Durhamtown was planned with UC/LcLC and GC. However GC had to change gears and now cannot make this run.

LcLC has a joint ride with ONSC coming up May 15-16 Wheeling at Uwharrie. My initial plan was to have UC join them on this ride too, but we will likely have a few GSMTR planning meetings around that time.

If the first two weekends of May (1/2 or 8/9) become available to meet with GC or others, then I say we could do it as a club. May is going to be crunch time leading up to GSMTR.

Everyone is welcome to join us for our Lowcountry Boil at Carolina Beach again this year if nothing else happens.

Also, Sparks Toyota wants to have a regional Land Cruiser day there at their place in Myrtle...food, raffles, contests, etc. No wheeling but time to get everyone together and also for a meeting. Just let us know.

We probably should have started this discussion back in September. We still have July and August open which might workout for everyone. Adam and I were thinking if we can get into the mtns of NC then the temps wont be such an issue for camping, remember McNabb CG in Aug. 08, it got down to almost 50* at night.

We probably should have started this discussion back in September. We still have July and August open which might workout for everyone. Adam and I were thinking if we can get into the mtns of NC then the temps wont be such an issue for camping, remember McNabb CG in Aug. 08, it got down to almost 50* at night.

Now that sounds like a good plan. Head for the hills, cuz it will be hot as blazes in GA during those months. Adam emailed me the link for Mile High campground near Cherokee. It looks like a great spot. Or there are places within GSM NP that we could camp too.

Camp Mile High Info

Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Group Campgrounds (U.S. National Park Service)

Now that sounds like a good plan. Head for the hills, cuz it will be hot as blazes in GA during those months. Adam emailed me the link for Mile High campground near Cherokee. It looks like a great spot. Or there are places within GSM NP that we could camp too.

Camp Mile High Info

Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Group Campgrounds (U.S. National Park Service)

That's what I'm talking about! Looks like a great place especially at 5280' I've been wanting to go see the elk in Cataloochee for 3 years and this is very close! I don't think they will come out in to the meadow much in the summer but who knows.

I already have my campsite picked out!
Campsite%2001.jpg

And the elk
elk.jpg

Last edited:
Another option would be to go to Tellico and explore more of Danny's "fire roads" from his dual sport business... expedition style

Why not do both? I may need to take the tacoma in summer because I am sending the colonel to Iron Pig for a heart transplant.

We could do the elk and exploring over on I40.. I have been over on hurricane before and can ask around and see if it is still ok to ride in there.. Adam and I did some riding around on Max Patch. I think there would be plenty to do around there..

transplant (we need a new thread about that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom