Hotwire from battery to passenger side floorboard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings. I just purchased a 99 LX470 and need to run a power feed from my battery to the passenger floorboard area. Is there a way to enter the firewall that does not damage the gaskets therein? Thanks, Dennis

Greetings. I just purchased a 99 LX470 and need to run a power feed from my battery to the passenger floorboard area. Is there a way to enter the firewall that does not damage the gaskets therein? Thanks, Dennis

On my LC
Passenger side , under the hood, you will see a big rubber grommet at the firewall. On the grommet there is a little rubber piece that sticks out, I snipped the end of that and the wire feeds right to the passenger side floor. Use a good silicone to seal around the wire, let it dry , and that should do the trick.

On my LC
Passenger side , under the hood, you will see a big rubber grommet at the firewall. On the grommet there is a little rubber piece that sticks out, I snipped the end of that and the wire feeds right to the passenger side floor. Use a good silicone to seal around the wire, let it dry , and that should do the trick.
I was just going to type this, not sure what gauge you need, but that rubber nipple is the perfect size for 4 AWG power cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom