Wanted Horn Button Parts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks to @ClemsonCruiser I've got the high and low horns for my FJ45 LV. Unfortunately, when a PO did the power steering conversion, they failed to reinstall and lost many of the parts that go between the horn button and steering wheel. I found the contact spring in a box of parts that was in the back of the LV and two horn buttons (alongside the mouse next and trash) were in the glove box.

Below is a picture from a Coolerman tutorial. Based on this image, the part I really need is the "Horn Contact Seat". I'm also missing the rubber spacer and plate washer but believe I can make due with a homemade insullator and plate washer from the hardward store.

I am under the impression that this design was used in the 1960's and possibly as recently as the early 1970's. The parts are NLA from Toyota. I'd be willing to consider a deal for all the parts if you have them and don't want to "break up a set".

Let me know if you have what I need or can point me to a source. FYI - I've tried SOR and a few other sources and found just one outfit willing to sell them to me but for more than I'm ready to spend.

Thanks in advance.
P2170001.jpg

I need to do that on my 66 45LPB.......the horn button was moved to the dash decades ago and i kinda forget its there, until I go to honk my horn

i was able to use an old chevy brush and for the bushing i opened up the center and shaved down a spring bushing. the rest of the stuff usually isn't too hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom