Hood Protectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just replaced the windshield on my 08 and want to try and keep it protected as much as I can since it was so expensive. One thought I had was a plastic hood deflector/protector as I have heard they may deflect some stuff up and over the windshiels. Does anyone have one on their 200 and do you think they reduce the amount of stuff that gets kicked-up on their windshield?

it's the gravel and rocks that you have to worry about, and i don't think a deflector would help that.

You mean a BUG deflector? Don't think that's going to help with something that's going to break a windshield. Try not tailgating and stay away from trucks :)

no doubt! i've honestly thought about having the film applied, but worry most about night time driving and if the film absorbs enough light to render the driver blinded by oncoming headlights.

I just cracked my 09 also. The chip was right under the passenger side wiper. It will cost $1400 for the windshield. OEM is $900 and genuine is $1400. I think if the rock chip is above the wiper I could have saved the windshield. I ordered a bug shield for about $150 and hope that can alter the wind current to go above the wiper.
IMG_9743.jpg
IMG_9743.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Toyota bug deflector and can say that it doesn't deflect rocks. I have several cracks in my windshield to prove it, but I'm going to make this windshield last another winter. I've heard that the windshield film works well and I'll probably give it a try with a new windshield. Those bad boys are big money and it sucks replacing them.

My windshield is cracked as well.

I have a buddy in the glass business that claims he can get US made PPG replacement glass for $80 and this includes the mirror and rain sensing brackets. He claims high glass prices is all markup.

I'm doubtful myself, but I'll post what I find out.

You know, glass insurance only costs a few bucks every 6 months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom