Hood mat and Battery tie-down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I dropped my new battery in a couple weeks ago and remembered I didn't have a tie-down, I've just been raw dogging life. Well I have finally decided to change my ways and become a God fearing man like my mother had hoped. So what is everyone running for a tie-down? I was thinking like a Walmart bungee cord or maybe a harbor freight ratchet strap. Also my hood liner is looking a little funky, it was perfect when I bought it but with the aged of the rig things are bound to fall apart. Do you guys run a liner or is the cool thing these days to go commando and risk the heat cracks? Anyway, here is a picture of the current setup.View attachment 2726024

LCRAT2.jpg

LCRAT1.jpg

Currently using two types of tie downs at the same time to help prevent the j- hooks pulling through the battery box. The stock tie down with the addition of the LCP battery bracket keeps my batteries firmly in place. But I do like your natural approach to insulation.

6429AFC2-8646-4993-8737-BE0E47A51FA1.jpeg

E56B838E-123C-43F5-97B7-8EC08575A10E.jpeg

Last edited:
Hood insulator and hold down are available from Toyota.
Looks like a feral tweaker ripped the tie down out and ruined one of the holes, I don't really want to replace the entire battery box if I can I avoid it.
There’s a guy who is building fuel bladders for his doors….. I think you should talk to him.
I keep all my spare feel in Dr. Mountain 2 liter bottles behind my seat. I don't really need anything fancy. Thank you though.

Currently using to tie downs at the same time to help prevent the j- hooks pulling through the battery box. The stock tie down with the addition of the LCP battery bracket keeps my batteries firmly in place. But I do like your natural approach to insulation.

View attachment 2726047

View attachment 2726048
I like those terminals. Where did you pick those up? My autozone race spec ones are trash. I really need to rework my cables.

I like those terminals. Where did you pick those up? My autozone race spec ones are trash. I really need to rework my cables.
The battery terminals are from Slee Offroad. Pricey, but nice to have so many connection points.

Last edited:
Looks like a feral tweaker ripped the tie down out and ruined one of the holes, I don't really want to replace the entire battery box if I can I avoid it.
The LCP battery brackets hold the battery from the bottom of the battery box, as opposed to the side locations for the stock hold downs. Worth looking at.

The battery terminals are from Slee Offroad. Pricey, but nice to have so many connection points.

The LCP battery brackets hold the battery from the bottom of the battery box, as opposed to the side locations for the stock hold downs. Worth looking at.
I'm gonna take a look at the LCP tie-down, that might fit the bill.
I'm gonna pass on the slee though. Something about tinned aluminum doesn't sit right with me for that price. I am sure they are absolutely fine but I just can get over my hang up on aluminum for a conductor. They do look great though.

I was just letting Jesus hold my battery with no issues until a few weeks ago I splurged on the $9 universal from auto zone. Drilled 2 fresh holes in the battery box, and now it’s perfect. I’ve used the universal kits in a few old trucks with no problem.

I was just letting Jesus hold my battery with no issues until a few weeks ago I splurged on the $9 universal from auto zone. Drilled 2 fresh holes in the battery box, and now it’s perfect. I’ve used the universal kits in a few old trucks with no problem.
I was going to go the ratchet strap route to keep with the them of the rig but this might be cheaper.

I was going to go the ratchet strap route to keep with the them of the rig but this might be cheaper.

You could just JB Weld that sumbitch to the battery box. Problem solved.

Definitely get the lcp hold down.

Is he paying you to say this?

Nope, but his product is simple and it will hold your battery down with your existing tray. My tray was ruined because some idiot over tightened it and the lcp tie down was a perfect solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom