Hood Damage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Daughter learning to drive but now realizes this truck isn't ready to actually drive over small trees.

Any ideas here beyond full hood replacement? I would like to pound it out but i don't think the hood will flatten out on the side next to the fender. Doesn't need to look great. Not a daily driver but i did just finish getting this damn thing into a place i was happy about.

Anyhow, tips or thoughts would be great or places to buy a hood.

Bryce

4EF432B0-7B67-4279-A884-20578B4747D0.jpeg

See my build thread HERE. I could not find a good/affordable used hood, mail order non CAPA replacements were not my idea of a good time so I decided to save mine. While my damage was not as bad as yours, your hood might be salvageable?

An assortment of:
hammers
wood blocks
body dollies
pry bars
cuss words
body filler

...is what you'll need.

Happy trails and thank god your daughter is ok 👍

See my build thread HERE. I could not find a good/affordable used hood, mail order non CAPA replacements were not my idea of a good time so I decided to save mine. While my damage was not as bad as yours, your hood might be salvageable?

An assortment of:
hammers
wood blocks
body dollies
pry bars
cuss words
body filler

...is what you'll need.

Happy trails and thank god your daughter is ok 👍
That's a great thread and some damn nice body work. Great job.

I might mess around with it a bit too see if i can make some progress and yes on the cuss words. 👍 Mostly hoping it can be salvaged without getting into paint.

Oh and yes, she's safe. This actually happened in a parking lot of all things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom