hj75 steering sector shaft interchangeability? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know if there is an equivalent replacement sector shaft for a 1988 hj75 please? toyota part no 44111 60040.
Every where I look it is unavailable. However, the post 1990, 44111 60050 sector shaft is available, ebay site says it fits hj75 but don't always trust ebay. A few places it is post 1990. Amayama says it may fit.

Anyone know if there is an equivalent replacement sector shaft for a 1988 hj75 please? toyota part no 44111 60040.
Every where I look it is unavailable. However, the post 1990, 44111 60050 sector shaft is available, ebay site says it fits hj75 but don't always trust ebay. A few places it is post 1990. Amayama says it may fit.

Why don’t you consult a Toyota parts professional in your part of the world? :idea:

Literally a 3 minute call to your local Toyota dealership.

Considering they sold these trucks there for the past 35 years?

Why make this harder than it is?

Why don’t you consult a Toyota parts professional in your part of the world? :idea:

okidoki, shall do, ih8mud is the easiest tho, and was hoping someone else here dealing with lc's in this era would happen to have done it here! which would have been the easier, than waiting on hold from toyota.

and, I think a few folks here would be more interested than toyota too. thanks anyway OG

okidoki, shall do, ih8mud is the easiest tho, and was hoping someone else here dealing with lc's in this era would happen to have done it here! which would have been the easier, than waiting on hold from toyota.

and, I think a few folks here would be more interested than toyota too. thanks anyway OG
it'll be more than 3 minutes, guarantee

Hello,

Good, knowledgeable Toyota parts guys are becoming a rare breed, at least in my neck of the woods. Especially those with abilities like yours.

Juan

well after a day by several email correspondence with toyota (that's the way it is done here), no they are not interchangeable.

But they do have the original 44111 60040 for $800 aud..maybe a good spare to have on the shelf.

They are most knowledgeable but it does take longer than 3 minutes and ih8mud is usually much easier, quicker and explanatory, sometimes even with good humour (depending on who knows and replies!).

From what I can understand about steer gear boxes, it is the sector shaft which is the most prone to wear eventually(in the box), even if looked after with good fresh atf, not water pitted and not over tightened (that can bugger them up real quick, the adjusting screw generally should be left alone, absolutely check everything else firstly). Correct me if I wrong please.

If your worm gear is stuffed so are you, or case cracked, so is your box.

I pulled my spare box apart and replaced the bearings and seals to have a better understanding. They are beautiful things.

I am most thankful for ih8mud and believe it is a fantastic collective of knowledge. Sorry if I jive on about certain parts not needing to be ome and antagonize. Just hope lurkers don't get discouraged from fear of asking 'dumb' questions and get their heads bitten off, imo there is no dumb question.

Just swap out the box to a newer one, I "think" even current gen vehicles boxes fit. I have a HZJ75 box on mine, cost like $50.
Where do you get a steer box for $50!? I'll have one!

Thanks Hulsty, so did you fit a hjz75 box in a hj75? Did the high pressure lines fit? Did you have to change pitman arm, steer column or anything else? Wow!

off my head I know you can get a brand new ome steer sector for hjz75 off ebay $400ish

Toyota dealer wasn't going to tell me that.
I noticed you posted awhile back asking what boxes are interchangeable with no replies..

This is a RHD new OEM steering gear box. From a later HZJ7x.

00B35C41-DAD4-471E-924B-769F163AFF42.jpeg

045C230F-FF87-4556-8EFE-A4C3A91B92AE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom