hj61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

B

burger

Does anyone know much about these truck that were offered from japan. It has the 12h-t motor(6 cylinder turbo diesel )and I just want to get an idea of how strong these motors actually are.

Go to http://www.gscruiserparts.com/index.html
they bring these trucks into Canada. What exactly do you mean by "strong"? A deisel engine is nearly bullet proof IF well maintained. They have great torque but they are NOT drag racing engines! If you want longevity and reliability with "go anywhere" brute strength go deisel, if you want to "smoke the tires" getting there forget going deisel.

the manual tranny may be at the limit with the torque of the 12H-T, some need rebuilding every 200k km or so, otherwise it's a truly awesome truck :)

GScruiserparts.com just got a 147k km 88 HJ61with cable lockers and PTO off the boat
last week.. for sale!

hj61_2.jpg

Dave

What are they selling for or what did you guys pay. The reason im asking is I am looking into buying one and would like to know what they are worth and if people are happy with them. The one im looking at has 121,000 km and has the full load, lockers, pto and such. :D

Hey Hamburgler, go to those sites and check the prices. Most are listed.

Seems that they go from 15,000 cdn up to 29,000 cdn.

TB :D :p :D

Ya I think I will throw one on the boat in the next month or so, the 74 would be my choice.

Just missed a cool unit with cable lockers, low miles. Only downside is it had the auto.

Rob

Only downside is it had the auto

ROB THAT'S NOT A DOWN SIDE!

Damn, that auto has such a GOOD over drive that you could have put 5.29 gears in that and some 35" tires and she would have PURRED on the highway. Anybody that has wheeled hard stuff will tell you that an AUTO rocks off road!

Infact, when I get a BJ-74 I'm going to insist on an auto!

The Rubicon, Moab, all over Washington state, I've wheeled enough places to know that an auto is the way to go.

Damn.

Tom B

Hmmm, learn something new everyday ahh Tom.

I am working on a HZJ80 that Land Pimp put my onto in Gig Harbour, its very close to what I wanted to pay for a high milage one owner 80.

Must thank him for the heads up, its very clean in and out and will serve my wife well.

Might be time to put the 1985 BJ60 up for sale.

Rob

I am working on a HZJ80 that Land Pimp put my onto in Gig Harbour

IN GIG HARBOR! That's MY neck of the woods! What the hell?

TB

Rob, that rig down in Gig Harbor is a Fzj 80 not an Hzj.

Sigh.

TB :p

[quote author=HZJ60_Guy link=board=21;threadid=9429;start=msg86218#msg86218 date=1073499776]
Rob, that rig down in Gig Harbor is a Fzj 80 not an Hzj.

Sigh.

TB :p
[/quote]

Well ya, for now anyways.

Sorry for the missprint, I always think in diesel terms.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom