HJ61 Brake component unrecognized? Is this someones mod? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

Been having issues with my brakes coming on and stopping the truck. It happens on left and right at the front. My calipers are ok and I've bled all four wheels and also the master.

I've been trying to find any other 60 that has this LSPV valve mounted to the front brake booster just below the master cylinder. I can't find anyone who knows anything about this valve. Here is a pic.

Does anyone recognize it? Is it from some other toyota?

Thanks
20181024_172930.jpg

I havent seen one there. But I dont think that is a Load Sensing PV because they need to connected to the axle to alter the pressure as the suspension is loaded and unloaded.
But I do know some 60 series have a proportioning valve that stays fixed once its set. No load sensing feature.

It is most likely year and market dependent.

I did find this. They are called VALVE ASSY, PROPORTIONING & BY-PASS. Seems to be all only 87 or earlier and used on all the 6* series
47190-30030 (01/1983 - 11/19830 1 $259.80
47190-30020
47190-60010 85 HJ61 1 $394.97

My 89 Fj62 has it, my Hj61 has it, I bought a master cylinder seal kit and there were left over seals, would they go into that proportioning thing?
My brakes are s*** and have very low pressure and sometimes don't work, that is the only thing I didn't touch.

After more research I think my front wheel bearings had slop which pushed the pads out then took multiple pumps to get pressure back. I heard of race drivers dealing with this issue.
I'm not driving that rig now but will investigate in due time and report findings back.

Did you bleed the rear lspv?, took me a liter of fluid to finally understand it has a bleeder. The new pump I bought is still in the box.

1624053497840.png

Got this valve on my 1986 JDM HJ60
Same - one of the very few if not only part of the truck I had never apart....and for that reason it's a bit suspicious for being responsible for weak brakes for me too.
I think that in an event of hard breaking it reduces line pressure to the rear brakes to prevent blocking - but I might be wrong here...

Still haven't looked under for that bleeder but I changed wheels over and the front right of my fj had really loose wheel bearing, I'm talking about a degree or 2 camber slop. Tyre was chewed on the outside around 5mm on shoulder so putthat on the back. That would push the calliper pistons back in with a turn or bump in the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom