HJ60 Hose Overhaul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello all,

looking to do some maintenance on the hj60. i've downloaded the fsm but couldn't find what i was looking for. is there anything out there where visually it shows you the part as well as the part number?

lookin to go to cruiser dan to do a hose overhaul and once it comes in, want to be able to look by part number where it actually should go. it would also help in ordering parts from him as well.

TIA.
-john

Which hoses are you looking for? I keep many HJ60/61 hoses in stock.

~John

There are a number of places you can check;
Look on ebay for a shop called ROODOGS as everything or you can try these places www.donkyatts.com.au and 4x4world.com.au

Hi Red,

Roodogs isnt coming up for me. Will check out donkyatt and 4x4 world. Thanks.

Which hoses are you looking for? I keep many HJ60/61 hoses in stock.

~John

John,

Called and spoke to Kyla for a bit. Please give me a call when you get a chance.

Wondering which route would be cheaper, buying from AU/CA, or through CDan. Also, anyone have any diagrams that have part numbers? I see it once in a great while here on certain posts. Not sure where they originate from though.

-John

still no luck with the part numbers. was trying to go through CDan but he said he doesn't have any references for the diesel variations. and even if he does, it wont likely be something he can get.

Picasa Web Albums - John - Pics for Dan
i originally shot him these pics just as some initial hoses to get started. not sure if they are even all hoses since he said one looks like a wiring harness.

my first option would be to go with oem hoses but not pay full blown retail. if someone has part numbers that i can shoot to dan to give it a shot, that would be great.

as back up options, 4x4world looks like it has the following hoses
hose set 1
hose set 2

not really a description as to what all i would be getting tho.

John, not sure if you're pretty swamped or not but I left a message with Kyla to have you give me a call.

im just trying to baseline all the hoses. if there is one complete kit for this, awesome. a kit with pics? even sweeter but im not gonna push my luck.

The diagrams are a PITA to copy/paste and post. Download a copy of the EPC (see sticky posts at the top of the forum) and look for yourself if you need to. Otherwise, moving clockwise from 12:00:

Picture 1:
87245-90A19* (heater)
16571-68010 (upper rad hose)
87245-90A33* (heater)
?????-?????* (heater)
99556-30500* (heater)

Picture 2:
12261-68010 (crank breather)

Picture 3:
47234-14010* (goofball brake resevoir hose)
44771-60040* (vacuum line)
44771-60040* (vacuum line, yes, really the same part number as the last hose)
88711-90A08 (AC compressor line)

Picture 4:
Not a hose; wire to temp sensor.

Hoses I've marked with an * above are heater hoses and vacuum lines that you'd have to be daft to pay Toyota for - just go to the auto parts store and buy bulk generic hose.

Your arrows are a bit goofy, you've pointed at a very random and incomplete selection of hoses. You should work by subsystem... and the cooling system is probably the only one worth the effort:

Cooling system:
Upper radiator hose 16571-68010
Lower radiator hose 16572-68010
(+plus about 20 goofy heater hoses that you should just use generic hose for)

Last edited:
Drew to the rescue again. Thanks for helpin me with out that one time with the lubro moly.

You guys ever end up getting together for a wrenching session?

Lemme download the EPC and give it a shot.

Drew to the rescue again. Thanks for helpin me with out that one time with the lubro moly.

You guys ever end up getting together for a wrenching session?

Lemme download the EPC and give it a shot.

No problemmo - no, we haven't gotten together in a long time, actually. Scott in on a 2 week trip to NZ/Aus right now, however, prospecting for cruisers and shipping them over.

PM sent about the diagrams. ahem.

John, not sure if you're pretty swamped or not but I left a message with Kyla to have you give me a call.

im just trying to baseline all the hoses. if there is one complete kit for this, awesome. a kit with pics? even sweeter but im not gonna push my luck.

Please do not communicate with me via forums. It is very unreliable as I may never go back to any given thread.

I did not get a message that I can recall, but I've been VERY busy lately and short staffed. Sorry, I will check into it.

We're going to be moving to an online store format over the next while, and all the basic parts will be available for internet ordering.

I'll have a look at my notebook, but I just don't recall seeing a message. I also get many more emails and calls each day that I can sometimes reply to... I still have to pull wrenches to pay the bills, and calls and emails are what gets dropped when customers are standing in front of me.

I need a clone...

~John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom