Wanted HJ60, BJ60, or BJ62. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, I'm a newbie looking to get into my first Land Cruiser. I'm looking for a manual transmission HJ 60, BJ 60, or BJ 62 (preferably a Canadian market vehicle). I'm looking for something with a solid chassis, no excessive body rust, and ideally no major engine problems. I'm looking to spend between $10, 000- $20, 0000 cnd (so $15000 usd max). I'm located in Toronto, Canada, but I'm searching all across Canada and the US.

Also I'm looking for some friendly advice/opinions on two Land Cruisers that I've already been considering online. Can I post about that type of thing in this thread, or should I do that somewhere else?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

No relation to me. Just noticed this.

Something to be aware of is turbo 2h engines can have piston ring land issues. A compression check by a 3rd party is good but doesn't always show the problem. Do a search on 2h piston ring land failures.

Also ask for a cold start with rad cap off and 30 seconds of video showing any bubbles in coolant (cracked head or blown head gasket or both) and to see how much smoke comes from exhaust.
Not trying to turn you off, just letting you know about things I'd be looking for.

Something to be aware of is turbo 2h engines can have piston ring land issues. A compression check by a 3rd party is
Something to be aware of is turbo 2h engines can have piston ring land issues. A compression check by a 3rd party is good but doesn't always show the problem. Do a search on 2h piston ring land failures.

Also ask for a cold start with rad cap off and 30 seconds of video showing any bubbles in coolant (cracked head or blown head gasket or both) and to see how much smoke comes from exhaust.
Not trying to turn you off, just letting you know about things I'd be looking for.

Also very helpful, thanks! I'll ask for those things. This guy is a mechanic who does safety inspections on commercial trucks, or something like that, and he seems like he's being really up front about what's wrong with the HJ. Bad frame rust in the common places and some blow back. He hasn't driven it on the road, but he's going to get it insured and take it for a spin and let me know how it runs. Price is low but I dont want to bite off more than I can chew.

Yeah I've been in contact with this guy. I'm trying to lock it down right now.
No affiliation but looks pretty clean

Please view this ad:

Toyota BJ60 diesel Landcruiser ,

Price: $ 15,000

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
Kijiji: Buy, Sell and Save on Local Deals - Apps on Google Play

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom