Hitch? - transmission cooler? 2009 Lexus GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So much help from members on this site! I have a few questions that I can not seem to find the answers to.

1. My 2009 has a towing "prep" package - I think this only includes wiring harness, converter, and sub bracket. Thinking about getting the hitch added for recovery and perhaps towing if needed. Are there different radiators or transmission coolers that came available on this vehicle for towing OR is it all the same set up regardless? Should I add the hitch? Does it have adequate transmission cooling for towing or was this a special package?
  2. The dealer is offering me a choice of two tires. 265/65/17 Dunlop AT20 or Michelin LTX M/S? What is your vote? This is just to be used for the next 15 thousand miles or so until I lift and put bigger tires.

All GX470s have the same radiator and a trans cooler from the factory. The towing package only added a 7pin trailer harness connector under your bumper and wiring up to the steering wheel in the dash for a brake controller.

If its all road use I would go Michelin.

I vote Michelin

Pretty clear direction here. May do some light dirt trails, but nothing crazy. Michelin it is and thanks for the clarification on the towing “prep” package and common transmission cooler/radiator for the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom