High quality 12v to USB-C adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bloc

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all,

I have plans to run a magsafe mount on my console and need to get USB-C out. Normally I'd go straight to Blue Sea Systems due to their reputation for quality, but don't see them producing any USB-C stuff just yet.

Does anyone know of someone making high quality parts like this? I generally avoid the amazon alphabet-soup parts.. this will be buried behind the dash and inconvenient to replace later in the event of problems.

Thanks

You can try Powerwerx. I have used them in the past and they seem fine. The one I had did not have reverse polarity protection so be careful when wiring (maybe the new ones do?).

You can try Powerwerx. I have used them in the past and they seem fine. The one I had did not have reverse polarity protection so be careful when wiring (maybe the new ones do?).
Looks like they have a couple things that should work. Thanks for the tip

Are you after just 5V USB-C or chasing a PD (Power Delivery) version? New devices, including laptops often charge using USB-C PD...

cheers,
george.

Are you after just 5V USB-C or chasing a PD (Power Delivery) version? New devices, including laptops often charge using USB-C PD...

cheers,
george.
Hey George,
Seeing as the Usbc outlet will be hidden behind the dash with the MagSafe hard wired and hidden as much as possible, I don’t see PD as being necessary or very useful.

But, if you have thoughts or know of good 12v to PD options please post.. might help someone in the future that stumbles upon this.

Good stuff, well made, US product,

Looks like a good option.

US designed or engineered maybe?
1676596960342.png

Also on back order at the moment. But yes looks like a solid option if PD is needed.

US designed by coolgear. I have one and the circuitry is top quality components and assembly. The product is also available without the housing.

cheers,
george.

Im trying a ScanStrut SC-USB-F1 combo USB-A & USB-C ports

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom