Hi , I have a 2 LTE engine on a 1992 model Prado. Engine cranks but won't start. If it does start, the revs go right up and cannot be switched off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I have a 2 LTE engine on a 1992 Prado. Engine just cranks and won't start. If it does start,revs go right up and can't be stopped using the key. Have tried changing cutt off solenoid on fuel pump but no change. Have swapped pumps no change. Where else can I check?

I seem to have the same problem on my lj78 2lte prado, though for me that issue started after changing glow plugs. i found old ones all dead 11v and replaced with the 10.5v as they were the only ones available. my truck is still packed. cranking but cannot start.

It's nearly impossible to troubleshoot this sort of issue from the other side of the world. Usually this problem happens when someone has damaged the electronics of the motor through misunderstanding how it works. For example the electronic injection pumps have a spill valve which is different than a fuel shut off solenoid in a mechanical pump. If during testing someone put 12V to the spill valve, it will be ruined. Sounds like that is probably the case.

My recommendation, source a 3L 2.8 litre mechanical injection diesel, and swap it into the vehicle instead. However this only works with manual transmission models usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom