Hi guys! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just saw this part of the forum.

Im in NC, and currently on the search for an FJ, either a 40, 55 or 60! Either that or a 4runner.

Im having a hell of a time finding anything decent within my price range though, only 3500, and it needs to be a running vehicle for daily use. Im also just about to go to college (only 18) So it really cant be much higher than that.

Any help would be excellent and greatly appreciated! I cannot travel too far, im in Hickory.

Hell, I know there has got to be something we can get you into. Let us know exactly what you are looking for and i am sure between us and the upstate guys we can find you something.

By the way welcome.

krzyabncanuck said:
Hell, I know there has got to be something we can get you into. Let us know exactly what you are looking for and i am sure between us and the upstate guys we can find you something.

By the way welcome.

Thanks for the help! Im really wanting an FJ60, I love how they look and I need something bigger to haul more stuff, my current car just isnt working for me, plus I need something that is my own. The car I drive now is still my dads :whoops:

Ive tried using NC4x4 but those guys arent the very welcoming type, and the whole forum seems geared to older people (Im 18, so I cant post in anything other than general Chit Chat there, which is quite annoying)

Ive also tried the Iwanna, and EVERYTHING ive looked at has ended up being not worth the gas to check it out :frown:. Ive looked at 20+ cars from that too. Add that to the fact that I cannot drive a manual, and the only time I can check any car out with my Dad is on the weekends...and it just gets more frustrating!!

Once again, any help you can give me would be appreciated!

Where in Hickory? There is a lifted, white 60 in Conover at the intersection of Rock Barn and 70 across from Rock-Tenn. Don't know if it's for sale. Also check this for parts 40's
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=80605

There is a guy in Morganton that has several 40's and at least 2 55's, don't know if he'd sell any. If you see a red 40 riding around Conover or CVCC that's me. There's another guy on here "Steamshooter" who lives in the Hickory area. He has a brown '81 60.

You can find something. I just picked up my 62 on Tuesday out of the Iwanna. It was in leicester. There was a guy selling a 40 in andrews, but it needed a motor swap, but did come with a parts cruiser with the needed motor. Just have to keep looking and dont get down. You will find one if you keep looking.

Happen to know the number for the guy with the 55's??

Im actually right across the bridge by Key West Fish Company, in Northlakes.

I would like a 40, but im really hoping for something bigger, a 55 or 60 would be perfect, but the 55 would make me extremely happy! Too bad they arent very common :frown:

Well crap! I can't find his number. He is on 70 about 2 miles before you get to Morganton on the left. Auto parts store upstairs at street level and the garage is downstairs in the back. The store/garage is next to a small used car lot. Sometimes his 55 is parked in front of the store and there were/are 1-2 more 55's around back with 4-5 40's. I'll keep looking for his #.

Have you tried autotrader? When I was looking there were several there. Like Darin says you may have to drive to get one you want. One-way ticket to somewhere and drive it back is really not so bad for a one-shot deal at what you want. I made two 8 hr round trip drives to VA to find what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom