Hey Randy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What type of rope do you have on your winch?
Dia. and length?
Did it come with a hook?
Price?

Lane

Exactly what I'm thinking too!
Thanks!

The abrasion guard is a separate nylon sheath that slides up and down the rope as needed. I would go with the 10' as it would give you more potential protection if needed. I'm not sure of any downside to having a longer one.

Mr. Fox might have some other useful input as he's competed with synthetic rope and has a lot of experience with it.

Rick - did you receive your rope yet and who did you get it from?

Scott from Rockstomper told me to pay close attention to anchoring the end of the synthetic rope onto the winch drum. There needs to be a more substantial anchoring setup as compared to the wire rope. Be careful not to have the rope get pinched between the hole in the winch drum and the anchoring hardware. Seems logical but it took me a little while to get the right mix of hardware and to correctly position the rope. Then again...I'm a little slow.

Randy

no rope yet. I'll post some pics of my setup when the wire is off to make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks

Just reread your post and I'm a little confused. My cable is anchored to the side of the drum with a bolt. What hole are you talking about?

Silly me. I assumed that the winch line anchor points would be the same. My 8274-50 has a hole in the drum that the winch line passes through and is anchored by nuts/washers/bolts to prevent the line from coming through. Yours sounds like it might be easier to attach but am not sure as I have not seen it. Sorry to confuse. :doh:

Went to install the rope and hawse today and hit a little snag. Because I have an ARB which mounts the winch feet first I need an offset hawse not the centered one I bought.

Aside from that the rope attached to the side of the drum with a bolt.

The brand new hawse I have is in the 4 sale section if anyone is interested and I can take a few bucks off the price if I don't need to ship it.

It took a while to get here as I pulled all the shrubs from my yard with the cable before discarding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom