Here's the info for Bilstein's new heavy rear springs for the 200 series and the Bilstein suspension with lift. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
coachglenndavis.com
I've been communicating with a tech expert at Bilstein about their suspension components for the 200 series. He is the guy who was on the Bilstein product development team for their suspension products on the 200 series and who coordinated the work to use @Robert B 's 2019 for design and testing. I highly recommend you read Robert's thread if you have any interest in Bilsteins and/or are looking to replace your suspension. Huge thank you to Robert for putting his time into the thread along with others who have put valuable input in that thread.

Here is the info about Bilstein's new rear heavy springs along with the info on the Bilstein's suspension specifically designed for the 200 series:

New Bilstein heavy rear springs:
Part #53-297686

Load: 400 lb constant
Approximate lift: 400 lb constant load 1.50"; no load 2.00-2.15"
Compression: 220 lb/in
Availability: "very soon
"

This is from Bilstein about the current front coils and the upcoming new front coils:
"So far the 650s have worked optimally even with front ARB w/winch. Would not be the package you want to go with if you are weighted and trying to maximize height. I do believe that 700lb springs are in the works though."

Bilstein Current Suspension Setup w/ Lift for the 200 Series:
(Many of you already know this)
  • Front strut and coil kit (both): B8 6112 47-273146. Compression 650 lb/in. Lift height 1.00-3.00".
  • Rear "normal" coils (both): B12 53-292018. Compression 177 lb/in. Lift height 1.75".
  • Rear left shock: B8 5160 25-291810.
  • Rear right shock: B8 5160 25-285529.
Notes: (a) The B8 6112 will not keep the vehicle to stock height. (b) You can NOT use the rear coils B12 53-29208 with the Bilstein B6 4600 rear shocks. The B6 4600 rear shock is designed for stock height.

Did anyone notice I used Bilstein's marketing colors? :cool:

Last edited:
Are they planning on releasing a heavier front option in the future?

Anyone running the 650 lb fronts with a bumper/winch up front?

Kind of leaning this way. I think the consensus is that this is better than stock and offers a lift (you pick). My reservation on the Bilstein system was the need for heavier springs so either having to mix in an OME set or air bags. I have a 40 gal LRA, a heavy set of drawers and the spare plus all travel gear in the back plus a trailer on occasion. I already need a heavier spring in the rear. I have had success with Bilstein on road cars before and trust the brand. At the price it seems worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom