Helping valuing wrecked Tacoma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
My son wrecked his '05 Tacoma. He's got another project started - a '97 F250. He's trying to decide whether to take the insurance money and fix the Tacoma - and then sell it in a few months when the F250 is done. Or, take the insurance money and put it into the Ford. Insurance says the salvage value was $3,500. I'm thinking it's well north of that, but we're not sure. Spindle and lower A arm took most of the brunt of the collisions. Fender and bed are bad, hood is fine. Lots of the grill and stuff is gone. But the engine, radiator and frame all seem fine.

What do you think he could get for it if he listed it for sale? It's in Montana. It was totaled by insurance. If you registered it in California, it would have a salvage title, but if you registered it in Montana, because it's over 16 years old, they'd just give it a regular title.

IMG_0607.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg

IMG_0605.jpeg

First off, I hope your son is alright.

Not sure on salvage value. My buddy just sold his clean title 05 access cab off-road 6 speed with 300k+ miles for $5k. It was in West Texas, and sold super fast, so he could have gotten a bit more.

Not sure the specs and mileage on your truck, but I imagine you could get more by fixing it. But then there is the hassle of fixing and selling, and you have to put a value on your time. I'd go online to an Autotrader or similar website, set the filters to those similar to your area/mileage/trim/salvage title and go from there. Good luck

Just my, “subjective” two cents. I would never buy a vehicle with a salvage title. Most banks won’t even approve a loan for a salvage. Most people won’t buy one with an accident history unless they are really getting a deal. Part it out, fix it and keep it. It’s all a crap shoot.

Part it out. Begin by digging through that mangled mess of a passenger from headlight and sending me the bulb retainer clip, I’ll send him $10 + shipping 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom