Help With Transmission Connector - 93 A442F (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a feeling this has already been covered, but my search skills are failing me. Trying to put my junk back together, I saw and tried to clean the massive amounts of corrosion on the male 9? pin round connector on the transmission harness. While cleaning one of the wire spades broke off, and it looks like one was already missing. I'm looking for my repair options with part numbers for a pigtail or splice repair wire and maybe housing, from the experts and those who have been here. It's a 93 FZJ80 with an A442F. This is the large round connector with a rubber boot above the starter.

93-A442F Connector.jpg

This is the closest I have been able tp find, but the block or ear on the side isn't there on the connector in the truck. I have not been able to find the part number on the connector so far.

90980-10775.png

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Bumping to get back in front of people since I posted in the middle of the night... Any help is appreciated.

Jason

Update for anyone who may run in to this later, neither I nor my daughters with better eyes, were able to find a part number on this connector. Pulling the transmission harness from the truck verified that is this actually the harness from the "Neutral Safety (Start) Switch" / gear position indicator, and the pigtail with connectors is made with it. The broken terminals probably explain why I had no gear indicator lights. It's not a cheap fix, but I'm just buying a replacement NSS which seems to still be available OEM and aftermarket (this is a pic from Standard Motor Products at RockAuto that appears to be the OEM without the "Toyota" cast in....

NSS.png

NSS2.png

For what it's worth, other than a filter and shift solenoids I was trying to leave the transmission alone as kind of a stopping point for my "while I'm in there" project. Pulling the harness I realized that for me, the tranny harness was in far worse shape than the engine harness. I'm guessing a combination of heat in the tunnel and the baked on tar from oil leaking under there for years were the reasons. The wire loom is all but cracked off, several connectors broke, and the end of a transfer case switch broke off in my hand pulling the harness. Luckily I CAN find part numbers for those.

Jason

I think the correct male splash proof connector you're looking for may be P/N 90980-10379. Shown on page number D170/188 in the upper left hand corner of the manual i linked to above.

Last edited:
I think you may be right. I didn't think that was it originally because the space between the top vertical bars seemed more pronounced and i could not see the middle vertical at the bottom. That's why i thought 10775 was closest. With it off the truck I can see the middle vertical recessed in the plug.

TrannyConnector.png

Thanks,

Jason

Jason, that's what this web sight is all about, helping one another. Cheers

I changed the transmission from A442 to A343 and I'm having a problem with the parking shifter wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom