Help with Tire Selector Switch on GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having a really hard time finding a very interesting post I thought I bookmarked. It detailed the steps of how to input a larger tire size into one of the NAV menus in conjunction with the switch under the dash. I swear it was a thread about mileage and going up a size from stock tires.

Clearly I am losing my mind, but does anyone have even the faintest idea what I am talking about or how to do this?

Thank you!

I believe the switch under the dash you are referring to is the TPMS or Tire Pressure Monitoring System switch which allows one to switch between two sets of tires with differing tire pressures. It is detailed in your owner's manual. I am not sure about the NAV calibration you are referring to. That said I believe they are two different systems. Anyone else know and can chime in?

I believe the switch under the dash you are referring to is the TPMS or Tire Pressure Monitoring System switch which allows one to switch between two sets of tires with differing tire pressures. It is detailed in your owner's manual. I am not sure about the NAV calibration you are referring to. That said I believe they are two different systems. Anyone else know and can chime in?

Apparently on the GPS screen there is a calibration menu for tires. I finally found the post again last night. Here's the exact verbiage from the original poster: "If you have a navigation system, just click: MENU, SETUP, CALIBRATION, TIRES. And the computer will recalibrate itself for the new tire size."

Apparently on the GPS screen there is a calibration menu for tires. I finally found the post again last night. Here's the exact verbiage from the original poster: "If you have a navigation system, just click: MENU, SETUP, CALIBRATION, TIRES. And the computer will recalibrate itself for the new tire size."
are they talking about the 460? I didn't see any Calibration menu in my setup menu in my 09 nav unit

Do you have a link for this other thread? I'd be curious about this too. I searched for a recal after putting (slightly) larger tires on last year, and I'm 97% sure I've gone through all menu settings but I didn't find any recalibration for tire size.

are they talking about the 460? I didn't see any Calibration menu in my setup menu in my 09 nav unit
Nope 470. Car was at the stealership so I couldn't check but it is there. There is a calibration menu that allows you to input new tires via the navigation screen. I haven't had a chance to actually do it yet, but will report back later with my findings. Having duratracs put on as I am writing.

Do you have a link for this other thread? I'd be curious about this too. I searched for a recal after putting (slightly) larger tires on last year, and I'm 97% sure I've gone through all menu settings but I didn't find any recalibration for tire size.

Turns out to be just as Captainva mentioned. Apparently nothing to do with speedo recalibration. New tires look great, definitely wipes away a little of the soccer mom look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom