Help with de-smoging 85 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 85 2F out of an 85 fj60 that im putting into my 1972 FJ40 and I need to desmog it to put it in but I have no idea what to use or take off and how to get it to all work. I have read and searched the threads and looked in the tech links but am still confused about it all. If anyone can help with some answers on this i would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
WOW how could I tell you were from Utah?!?
Im only going from what I was looking for on my '74 F engine.
I would remove the air rail, Smog/air pump, hoses that are used with the pump.
here is an idea of what Emission System parts you may need to remove.
You will need to plug the holes from the air rail, I removed the screw in ends of the rail and welded them closed.

I happen to have a desmogged 2F out of an 85 60. There are a few pix under my gallery. Pm me with an email address and I can send you some close up shots of whatever you need.. It is sitting in the garage for sale, so let me know what questions you have.

I dont want to run the carb off my F it needs to be rebuilt and I want to run the FJ60 distributor and I cant do that since its vacuum advance.
I was looking at the emissions layout in tech and the vacuum switch on there i believe it has a wire on the end is it supposed to be hooked to a power source?

Ive already plugged all the holes in the air rail taken and everything off just not sure what all I need to put back on and how to make it work

On the carb, it only needs vacuum to the CB, and a vac hose from advance fitting over to dissy.

The carb solenoid needs to be connected to ground and a source of switched 12V+.

Cap everything else on the carb.

Thanks Jim. So does that mean I dont need to worry about hooking up the charcoal canister or the bvsv (violet) stuff like in the emissions layout in tech? Sorry I just want to make sure I get this right

Okay Awesome thanks Jim.

I have one more question. Does the carb from the 85 fj60 have a fuel return line? I dont remember when I pulled the motor if it did or not

I have another question jim, what ports are actually plugged? I know the cb needs to be hooked up but what does the vac advanced hook up to? what is the port on the carb insulator for?

No worries Vitesse. I wish it was me but i am actually not driving my 40 right now. I think i know which one your talking about. I hope to get mine on the road soon. I think i've seen you around and waved to ya before.

Does it matter which port the vac for distributor gets hooked up to? If it does where is it located? I've looked through all my books but cant find anything for it.

oh okay thanks Jim. Thank you so much for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom