Help with battery drain issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to narrow down potential causes. One of the symptoms I’ve noticed is that the hvac blower seems to be staying on after the vehicle is turned off, at least in the defrost zone. Has anyone seen anything similar?

Could be the blower control resistor built into the unit. Had any water leaking into the vehicle, especially into the passenger footwell or floor mat?

Could be the blower control resistor built into the unit. Had any water leaking into the vehicle, especially into the passenger footwell or floor mat?
Not really. It’s been surviving a snowy winter in CO so there has been some moisture but have all weather floor liners in so don’t it’d be considered excessive

Not really. It’s been surviving a snowy winter in CO so there has been some moisture but have all weather floor liners in so don’t it’d be considered excessive
Is the water on the floor mats solely from boots or any possibly dripping through the cowl cover into the AC blower vent/fan?

Any other symptoms? If there is more than one electrical symptom, it is really likely to be water in the wrong place, meaning anywhere inside. Corroded connectors can cause gremlins.

Both floor areas are dry under the weathertec liners. And passenger was completely dry since no one had been in it for a while. A little ice on top of the cowl but not a ton. And it has been in a carport for most of the winter, so not consistently buried.

There have been a few other quirks but I’m not sure they aren’t from having a discharged battery. I disconnected the battery this evening and put it on the charger. Will see if a good ol’ reset helps.

Both floor areas are dry under the weathertec liners. And passenger was completely dry since no one had been in it for a while. A little ice on top of the cowl but not a ton. And it has been in a carport for most of the winter, so not consistently buried.

There have been a few other quirks but I’m not sure they aren’t from having a discharged battery. I disconnected the battery this evening and put it on the charger. Will see if a good ol’ reset helps.
I’d strongly advise pulling up the door sill trim on each side and having a look. Possibly even opening the floor harness connectors there in the low spots.

Water or corrosion from past water in the area can cause all kinds of electrical issues and if it is starting you’ll want to handle it asap. Lots of discussion about it on the board.

It may be something else but that is common enough it should be ruled out any time there is an electrical issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom