Help w/ 2000 4Runner purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, my dad is looking at a 2000 4Runner with 59,000 miles. It's for sale on a dealer lot ( Ohio)and they are asking $10,800. He says there is no rust. I don't have a lot of other details, he's not even sure if it's an SR5 or Limited. Might be a base model even.

Anyway, any specific issues to look out for on this truck?

Any help is appreciated. I'm excited that I have finally swayed him towards a Toyota and want it to be a positive experience.
Thanks in advance,
Ron

With such a low mileage, I guess your main concern would be rust-prone OH?

test drive it down a bumpy road. also look at it from the side. does the back end slump? this generation is notorious for needing new shocks and coils around 100k miles. although, you are far from that.

sounds like a descent deal. get the dealer under $10,000.

Look on the engine to see if the timing belt has been replaced, at that age... probably not, but it is an expensive service that happens around that age, and around 90k miles.

Also check the rear axle seals, they leak a lot and might need replacing. The suspension is probably sagged no matter what you do. Besides that, just regular records checks.

Thanks all,
He decided to pass on this one. A couple of minor mechanical issues and the fact that the dealer would not budge on the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom