Help pulling speakers... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brother has a friend that works at a stereo shop. He can get me any kind of speakers that I want for almost nothing (20 bucks). I want to replace all the stock speakers and don't know how to pull them without breaking anything.

The speakers in the front door panels look like they might come out easily, but I am afraid that I might break some clips. Is there an easy (safe) way to do this?

Thanks

You have to pull the door panels off on front and back doors. I wouldn't bother replacing those small ones on the roof or by your knees.

Yomama

Jack...The ones in the lower part of the dash are not worth replacing. I use the hole on the drivers side for my CB speaker. A 4" will fit perfectly. On the passenger side there is too much computer stuff to put in any decent sise speaker. That is why Toyota put the tweeters in there. As for the doors, I have seen a lot of different speakers fitted in from 5 1/4" to 6 1/2". It all depends on how much you want to cut. I am running a set of 5 1/4" Kenwood Dual Mags that fit in with a spacer between the door and door panel. No cutting was needed. Not overly thrilled with the sound but better than blown stock ones. I want to try the new Boston Neo's. As for the back doors I am running the same speakers but cutting was needed. Yomama is correct and the door panels will need to come off and it is not worth replacing the speakers in the rear roof line. If you can get a hold of the FSM or maybe Chiltons, it will describe where the mounting points are for the panels. There are a few screws around the door handles but the rest is clips. You will need to pull up the power window control switch to get to one or two if I am not mistaken. If you take your time you should not break anything.

-H- I am trying to order those Boston Neo's. As soon as that happens we will switch the speakers out of mine into yours!!! As far as the bumper goes, I think Junk is shipping it out soon. I am guessing this from his tool kit post. Sorry for screwing with your post Jacknasty. Won't happen again. :-X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom