Help pulling 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So what started off as what I thought would be some basic electrical troubleshooting on my boyfriend's '62 has evolved into quite a lot more (detailed in my thread of woe.) Long story short: spun main bearing. I've pulled the head already and everything that goes with that job prior to determining it was the bearing. Just need to get the block out. The BF isn't mechanically inclined so reviving his beloved 62 has become my passion project. I've got a driveway, an 8 ton hoist, plenty of tools and an increasingly cranky back from too much DIY. I've also never removed an engine. Hoping to hire someone who can come to my house and help me get this done. I'm in South Austin near St Elmo's. Recs and alternative strategies also welcome.

On another note, hoping to meet some of you all at one of the meetups in the near future!

I had to bounce over to your thread of woe to read the story of the gal working on her bf's cruiser. Tell him he has a keeper.

I've pulled and replaced engines before, way back in high school, which I am sure is before you were born. I also had a few pre-GM Saabs during college, an dtalked the wifie into buying a new one, during the GM era. Do you know what you're going to put back in the 62?

@jmdaniel - Still deep in the swap debate which will be partly determined by the condition of the engine once it’s out. But this heat is definitely making all things truck related a lot lesa fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom