HELP ON REAR DOOR STRUT MOUNT (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's easier to open the door and have it stay open. Outside of high angles and strong wind, the door will stay in the open position without locking it into place. There are certainly disadvantages to the mod, but many people find it helpful. If I were to do it over again, I might spring for the strut from strutyourstuff as it has a soft opening as well as a locking mechanism.
Yep! Also, my factory mechanism was broken...so, I couldn't even lock mine open when I wanted to.

anybody know if you can use the factory strut from a '10-12 GX460 ? Is it the same length?

I'm so glad I didn't do this barn door strut mod...the clunky stock mechanism still working on mine and locks up as instructed.

iI'm so glad I didn't do this barn door strut mod...the clunky stock mechanism still working on mine and locks up as instructed.

Mine doesn't hold and we are pretty tired of getting hit in the back/ass when the wind or if on a slope slams it shut in to us. I need to do that strut mod, just haven't got around to it.

Mine doesn't hold and we are pretty tired of getting hit in the back/ass when the wind or if on a slope slams it shut in to us. I need to do that strut mod, just haven't got around to it.
In your case of the broken oem mechanism, yes...you gotta do something. But for this mechanism, if it ain't broke, don't upgrade.

IMG_5743.JPG
Was pretty straight forward install, i did take a little off the stud to keep the hydraulic cylinder from rubbing the bottom of the door. It opens fast but slows just as its getting open all the way. it holds well and I don't have any complaints so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom