Help needed - Coolant spit around overflow reservoir (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Nothing from around the radiator cap. Doesn't have the cracked radiator issue. Only seems to spit coolant from the reservoir top. New reservoir cap? Doesn't seem bad, broke or craked.

What say you?

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0431.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

Wash it off with clean water and keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. Is the hose affixed to the elbow with the barbed nipple on the tank cap? Coolant should go out that way if there is overflow.

Wash it off with clean water and keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. Is the hose affixed to the elbow with the barbed nipple on the tank cap? Coolant should go out that way if there is overflow.
I have washed it off... it came back.. sigh. I'll grab a btter pic of the cap/hose

Ok, something seems amiss. I've had two different 200 series and never seen anything like this. Any chance your overflow hose is kinked or plugged (insect, mud dauber nest, etc.)?

Have you removed the radiator cap to have look at the cap, core, and reservoir outlet? Time for a new radiator cap and also new hose to the reservoir? Or maybe you'll find a leaking hose/connection/reservoir cap?

Since coolant is leaking from the cap all over the expansion tank Seems it’s either a broken cap or the tank is overflowing from too much expansion. Have you noticed it full when engine is hot? Weak radiator cap? Engine getting too hot for some other reason? Just thinking...

I just ordered a new OEM radiator cap and coolant reservoir cap. Stay tuned/

I just ordered a new OEM radiator cap and coolant reservoir cap. Stay tuned/
It looks like there's a groove where a seal or o-ring might be able to sit in the old reservoir cap. Might be worth checking the new one to see if there's a seal there.

Hmm, mine has been doing this since I had the radiator changed last fall. Do you have the part number for the reservoir cap handy? I’m gonna go check this.

Yep, not only is mine missing, I have maybe a quarter inch of fluid in the tank! Excellent timing on your post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom