HELP Needed AHC 2010 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How many times have you let it cycle so far? I assume this is a stretch, but I’ll throw it out there. The two times I’ve done a bleed/flush, it has taken a good 3-4 cycles before I notice any movement and then a few more before it really gets back to normal. I could see with actually changing out the globes that you may need even more cycles than that since more fluid needs to be pushed into the system.

I’m not 100% sure this is right, but in my experience If when you hit the raise switch, the system Is only pumping as long as the dash indicator has the flashing up arrow. Once the arrow stops blinking you should restart the truck and try again. It’s possible you may get a check AHC error, but that’s not a big deal and will clear on restart. Also the trick mentioned before about hitting the button before the system has a chance to check does get it going if you are in a cycle of the AHC check error.
I know a few people in this thread have already changed their globes, maybe they can chime in on how many cycles it took. I could be totally off base.

Now I’ll add the caveat, that I wouldn’t want to be running the pump dry or against pressure and burn it up. So evaluate my suggestion at your own risk.

Also, I need to do this soon, so following along intently.

You are on the right track. After changing my globes I got an error on first cycle. Restarted and tried again, truck went up slowly but didn’t fully indicate high. Took a couple of cycles after globe install and bleed procedure.

You are on the right track. After changing my globes I got an error on first cycle. Restarted and tried again, truck went up slowly but didn’t fully indicate high. Took a couple of cycles after globe install and bleed procedure.
Good info. I finally got to the Suspension Control Pump Accumulator nipple and bleed it. Barely any fluid came out. I am now charging the battery to full power before I try again. I will go ahead and once connected the battery I will see what if any code I get. Also to note that when I bleed the other 4 accumulators today a significant amount of fluid came out, mainly in the drivers side and barely any fluid on the passenger side.

Quick question. In techstream how do I raise the vehicle? Raise with accumulator or the option or cycle up and down? Lastly when bleeding I am thinking of doing the drivers front and then the passengers front before I start the vehicle back up. Is it better to bleed one side then turn on the car and do that cycle a few times till there is no more air in the system or should I do both fronts? Lastly in techstream how can I force the pump to work? (AHC pump check and force the pump to run).

So if you didn't get any fluid out when you bled system immediately after you changed the globes and you did get fluid out today, then I suspect you just aren't letting it pump enough to replace all the fluid you have removed from the system.

I would hook up your Techstream and watch the "oil pressure sensor" field. Monitor that when you push the lift button. You should only be trying to lift with engine running and all doors closed. You know it's trying to lift if the arrow is flashing up on the dashboard. When monitoring the "oil pressure sensor" field you will only see the number change while the pump is working (before and after the pump runs it will always show .16 MPa). Let the pump run the full 30s until it stops (arrow stops blinking and probably hear pump stop). Hopefully while the pump was running you saw the reading go up a little, but probably not high enough (looking for around 8 MPa going to N at peak when at proper pressure). My guess it that the reading will go up, but less than 8MPa. Then you will get the check AHC light and a code for pump pressure. All you need to do is restart the truck and then hit the lift button again before the check AHC light comes back on (you'll have a few seconds after startup before it comes on). Watch Techstream again and see if that value increases again. Hopefully this time to a higher number. If it goes higher than the first time, then you are on the right track. I'd keep repeating these steps until the truck starts lifting. I would not bleed again until you have gotten the truck to lift. If it doesn't lift there really isn't anything to bleed.

Once you get the truck back up to N, then i'd do a bleed procedure.

Before doing all this, make sure you don't/haven't let the AHC fluid reservoir run dry. I would be tracking the difference between how much I've put in and how much I've taken out.

Also, a side note the FSM says that C1783 is the pressure error, not anything to do with a specific wheel sensor.

DTC Code Detection ConditionTrouble Area
C1763 Abnormal Pump Motor Oil PressureWhile the motor relay is in operation, the condition that the fluid pressure is 0.6 MPa (6.1 kgf/cm2, 87 psi) or less continues for 0.6 seconds.
Harness or connector
Suspension control relay
Height control pump and motor
Suspension control ECU

So if you didn't get any fluid out when you bled system immediately after you changed the globes and you did get fluid out today, then I suspect you just aren't letting it pump enough to replace all the fluid you have removed from the system.

I would hook up your Techstream and watch the "oil pressure sensor" field. Monitor that when you push the lift button. You should only be trying to lift with engine running and all doors closed. You know it's trying to lift if the arrow is flashing up on the dashboard. When monitoring the "oil pressure sensor" field you will only see the number change while the pump is working (before and after the pump runs it will always show .16 MPa). Let the pump run the full 30s until it stops (arrow stops blinking and probably hear pump stop). Hopefully while the pump was running you saw the reading go up a little, but probably not high enough (looking for around 8 MPa going to N at peak when at proper pressure). My guess it that the reading will go up, but less than 8MPa. Then you will get the check AHC light and a code for pump pressure. All you need to do is restart the truck and then hit the lift button again before the check AHC light comes back on (you'll have a few seconds after startup before it comes on). Watch Techstream again and see if that value increases again. Hopefully this time to a higher number. If it goes higher than the first time, then you are on the right track. I'd keep repeating these steps until the truck starts lifting. I would not bleed again until you have gotten the truck to lift. If it doesn't lift there really isn't anything to bleed.

Once you get the truck back up to N, then i'd do a bleed procedure.

Before doing all this, make sure you don't/haven't let the AHC fluid reservoir run dry. I would be tracking the difference between how much I've put in and how much I've taken out.

Also, a side note the FSM says that C1783 is the pressure error, not anything to do with a specific wheel sensor.

DTCCode Detection ConditionTrouble Area
C1763 Abnormal Pump Motor Oil PressureWhile the motor relay is in operation, the condition that the fluid pressure is 0.6 MPa (6.1 kgf/cm2, 87 psi) or less continues for 0.6 seconds.Harness or connector
Suspension control relay
Height control pump and motor
Suspension control ECU
Ok so did as you mentioned and this is what I got.
1) When I started the car I flipped the switch to raise the vehicle and the oil pressure reading only went up to about 1.5, as I kept doing this the pump would cycle and the readings would fluctuated from 0.5 to 3.0 at the highest level. I think I will continue to bleed the system. If this does not make any difference I think I will need to buy a new pump/motor.

I'm no AHC expert here, frankly the system terrifies me (and I need to do my globes)... but check out this thread...

Based on what I've read, and some of the posts where people have had issues post bleed, I might take the pump apart and see if the screens are clogged with fine debris before replacing it...

what procedure did you go through to test?

I'm no AHC expert here, frankly the system terrifies me (and I need to do my globes)... but check out this thread...

Based on what I've read, and some of the posts where people have had issues post bleed, I might take the pump apart and see if the screens are clogged with fine debris before replacing it...

Take a deep breath, and don't be terrified. Most of the gotchas are known at this point.

Take a deep breath, and don't be terrified. Most of the gotchas are known at this point.
Yeah, I’m just not the most skilled- Bleeding is one thing but removing the pump I feel is above my pay grade.

Check out this thread before you get too deep into ordering parts.

Ok, when you start up the truck you get the pump low pressure DTC? If you have techstream connected, clear the DTC then go to the AHC Test utility in techstream, and test raising the front driver side (again, with DTC cleared). Does THAT do anything?

Check out this thread before you get too deep into ordering parts.

I will def do this before I order anything. Do I need to have the car off the ground when I remove the pump?

what procedure did you go through to test?
Turned the car on and quickly pressed the up bottom to raise the car, and as it was on I had tech stream on monitoring the oil pressure readings and recording it. As the error message came up I turned the car off and turned it on again and did this to check the pressure readings.

Ok, when you start up the truck you get the pump low pressure DTC? If you have techstream connected, clear the DTC then go to the AHC Test utility in techstream, and test raising the front driver side (again, with DTC cleared). Does THAT do anything?
I tried to clear the code and as soon as it cleared the system would do the “checking” and quickly thereafter went into “check 4-wheel AHS system”. Hence I could never get the error erased while the car was running.

I will def do this before I order anything. Do I need to have the car off the ground when I remove the pump?
I believe that the FSM for pump removal is in that thread. I would follow that if your plan is to remove the pump.

I tried to clear the code and as soon as it cleared the system would do the “checking” and quickly thereafter went into “check 4-wheel AHS system”. Hence I could never get the error erased while the car was running.

ok when you are in techstream, if you clear the DTC with car running does error immediately return?

Have you tried removing the fuse in the engine compartment. When one of my lines failed I removed the fuse in the engine compartment (because I had to move the truck several times) to prevent the pump from working. When I finished replacing the line, I replaced the fuse and didn't even have to use techstream to clear the code.

Well some updates:
Took the AHC pump and disassembled it. It had a lot of particles in the tank and the filters were filthy. I second the need to not remove the filter in the inlet hose when adding AHC fluid. I cleaned the entire motor and put it back together, installed it and now it does not even prime. Code still comes up.

I went ahead and ordered a new pump from partsouq...hopefully quick shipping. Too many problems at hand and too many cooks in the kitchen prior to me. Also all 4 shocks were replaced, the 4 globes and now the pump. I only pray that I never have to service the suspension.

Will keep you guys in the loop. Thanks so much for all your help.

Well some updates:
Took the AHC pump and disassembled it. It had a lot of particles in the tank and the filters were filthy. I second the need to not remove the filter in the inlet hose when adding AHC fluid. I cleaned the entire motor and put it back together, installed it and now it does not even prime. Code still comes up.

I went ahead and ordered a new pump from partsouq...hopefully quick shipping. Too many problems at hand and too many cooks in the kitchen prior to me. Also all 4 shocks were replaced, the 4 globes and now the pump. I only pray that I never have to service the suspension.

Will keep you guys in the loop. Thanks so much for all your help.
Take some satisfaction in knowing that your efforts and documentation here will help many others. It’s certainly appreciated even by folks like me who don’t have AHC, but have friends who do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom