Help!! Need photoshoot location recommendations - Chapel Hill/Durham (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Green Hell Mustang

Designer, Hack Photographer
Threads
Website
alexcortani.com
Hey Everyone.

I'm going to be doing a vehicle photoshoot in October and I need some recommendations. I'm sort of hitting a wall with trying to find locations to photograph the vehicle in question. I could use some advice from people that live around the Chapel Hill/Durham area and are familiar with it.

Ideally I'd like to be able to park the car in an open area. A nice backdrop would be a bonus, but it's not overly necessary.

The vehicle getting photographed is a Nissan Figaro. The car only has three speeds, so travel by Interstate 40 isn't a good idea. The closer to Durham/Chapel Hill the better.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Eno river? One of those parking lots? Could drive around and see if there's something that fits your criteria.

Duke garden or duke campus itself are both beautiful. The gothic architecture up there is very European in my mind.

Couple places I can think of with varying background.

Top level of the parking deck next to the Durham bulls park with backdrop of the water tower and skyline. There's also some cool spots in downtown durham if you were open to a city backdrop or tighter frames in a street for instance.

Maple view ice cream - nice country fields and backdrop. They have an elevated paved lot in front with a great backdrop or a small grass lot across the street which is lower but could be framed with a good backdrop.

Farrington Rd - down by jordan lake. Maybe a boat ramp lot or something that overlooks the lake

Like Johnny said, Duke Chapel is a great backdrop and my brother has photographed there before with good results. They have a circle out front that you could use. May be tougher with class in session.

Given the style of the car, being kind of art deco, maybe Carborro would be a good fit like the lumberyard, or something.

There's also a cool tree installation at the botanical garden off 15-501 near Finley golf course and St. Thomas school but I'm not sure how close you can get to it. May be worth scoping out.

Last edited:
You're welcome to use my property here in Efland. It's 3 acres, mostly flat, and overlooks a large hay field. Plenty of countryside around here with really nice views of open fields. You can get here via Hwy 70, thus avoiding I85/40 if you want.

Thanks guys! There are some fantastic recommendations in here. Much appreciated.

@jimsmith1370 Thank you. I will take you up on your offer. I'll PM you with more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom