Help me identify this Warn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought this critter the other day and trying to rebuild it. Motor is shot and gear box is seized. Any idea of what it is? I emailed Warn and they said they look up the serial number. (Youd think they'd know a little more...)

Any help would be appreciated
IMG_20200203_202632_145.jpg
received_2745265595538598.jpeg

It just a guess. Looks something like a m8000. It might be mounted backwards. Yrs ago I had 1 but the silver release was on the other side.

It just a guess. Looks something like a m8000. It might be mounted backwards. Yrs ago I had 1 but the silver release was on the other side.

I agree, it looks like an older model M6000 or M8000.

It’s definitely a m6000 or m8000. I have an m8000 mounted on my fj60. That thing is a beast.

I had my m8000 back in the early 90's, it had the release handle like yours. A friend had a m6000, it's release was more like a dial and was a pita to work it. Idk, if they changed the m6000 design later on in their production.

I had my m8000 back in the early 90's, it had the release handle like yours. A friend had a m6000, it's release was more like a dial and was a pita to work it. Idk, if they changed the m6000 design later on in their production.
Awesome thank you

I did a search on m6000'a and it appears the later models use the same handle.

If it is a m6000, you can change out the internal gears and make it a 8000 model. you need to look at the parts breakdown. If I remember it is the planetary set up. Two gears and less than $100 for the parts. Very easy swap. Also do not pack the gears with too much grease, light coat is all you need on them, if you use too much it will be hard to free spool out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom