Help in determining 2004 LC value – keep or sell? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As I posted 8 years ago, I was fortunate to find a 2004 LC in Colorado with 30k miles back in 2015.

It now has about 125k miles, the kids are now grown and gone, and I need a lot less room than before. And I'm itching for something different.

I was going to take the LC on a two week road trip from MN to AZ at the end of the month, so just had new front brakes installed, had it aligned and the oil changed. But after spending time at the dealer and driving a bunch of newish 4runners I want to take a newer ride on the trip. So I'm going to buy a 2020 4runner tomorrow.

Here are my questions:

Pricing if I sell it: This is a two owner car, 100% dealer maintained with records from my ownership and a lot of money spent on maintaining it according to Toyota's schedule. Biggest hit was new A/C lines to the rear for the tune of $4,500 a few years back. Some rust around the rear hatch window, otherwise very clean.

If I sell is it should I list it in the high teens or high 20's? I know the dealer will not give me squat as a trade in.

Or is selling it just crazy talk? Lots of folks at the dealerships have told me to keep it, but we are really trying to declutter after four kids, so would prefer not to have two trucks.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Will take pictures tomorrow.

price it above fair. Id start just below 20(19995) and if it’s anyone that has access to this forum tell em to piss off. If you had to replace rear ac lines no telling what’s next and what underbody in Minnesota looks like.

Like Pucker says, I would start high. It doesn't sound like selling it is financially necessary, so you likely aren't in a huge rush and it is worth getting top dollar if possible. Apologies if I am misinterpreting that component of it. However, I would still say $20k zone not high 20s, even with the low mileage it is a Midwest car at this point and nearly 20 years old.

I am curious, what do you want in the 4Runner that the Land Cruiser doesn't offer? Not judging at all, just curious as I test drove a few 5th gens before buying my Land Cruiser. Is it more about a newer vehicle or more about a new-to-you vehicle for a change after 8yrs with the Cruiser?

If you have rust around the hatch there is a pretty good chance that you have it elsewhere. Some may/may not agree, but rust is a big issue for me in determining desirability and pricing.

Send us picture of the rust, the tailgate sometimes can get it and it not be bad elsewhere. Your prices are right currently. Start at just below 20 like pucker said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom