Help!!! I am worried will she make it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 99' started making a horrible saound when I start it SOMETIMES it sounds like metal hitting metal like a chink, chink, chink sound. If I turn it off and restart it it will stop. When it makes the sound the sound goes faster when you rev the engine, with the rpms. And it is the same when in gear. It is NOT coming from the front of the engine but sounds to be coming from the back and low. I thought it might be trans/ driveshaft related but it doesn't change when in our out of gear only when the motor is reved. What is very strange is that it will stop if i turn the car off and then restart it.

I can't get to a daler till next week do think it will be ok till then? Any ideas on what it could be? I have 99k now and had the 90k service done back at 93k miles. Every time I start to look at finally doing some mods, something seams to go wrong and I end up spending the money at the dealer/shop... :confused: :crybaby:

But it continues even after started? Something has to be loose?

Is this a common problem?

Not commen but can happen from time to time.
Start car and see if starter is stuck on.

topend yobbo said:
Not commen but can happen from time to time.
Start car and see if starter is stuck on.

How?

start car,open bonnet, listen for odd noises from starter area.
Will sound obvious.

What is the flexplate? And now it has gone all day and not made the sound only diff i can think of is that it is cooler outside today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom