Hello from Tupelo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello CottonLand Cruisers I am in Tupelo, recently got a very nice 80 series, been wanting one for a long time. It's stock right now, after I familiarize myself with it for a few months will begin to change a few things. I am interested in making it a camping/overland vehicle for our family, got two girls ages 9 and 13. Not really into hard-core rock crawling or mudding or crunching the rocker panels or tearing fender flares off, just want a nice excursion vehicle. Any of you guys in the Tupelo area shoot me a line, interested in meeting some of you folks.
Best regards,
Matt (namsag)

One of our members is from there. Will Lewis. He has a nicely built green 80 series.

I'm pretty sure he is on Mud. @wct49 knows his contact info. I'm friends with him on Facebook. I can ping him if you don't get an answer soon.

@Hooker is his handle. Will is with the JBHM Architecture in Tupelo.

Thanks guys, I sent him a PM yesterday or the day before, I notice he is not on the forum every day so I should jhear from him soon. I have seen 4 or 5 80s in Tupelo over the last several years, mostly family cars from the looks of it. I am very glad to have mine and look forward to getting out with it.

Let's see pics of this beast(soon to be that is)! No worries on the off roading. There are a few of us that don't take them off road much or at all. Just love the trucks.

image.jpg
image.jpg

needs Longfields ! I just happen to know of someone selling some ; )

Welcome!

Thanks guys, no lockers. I didn't restrict my choices to lockers because I didn't feel like I had to have them.

Matt, I sent you a PM. Lets catch up soon. I was just talking to another friend in Tupelo who recently got a 40 series truck. It'd be great to get a group of like minded cruiser guys connected up around here.

PM received. Sounds good, have a great trip!

Hey Cottonland Cruisers! This is my first post. I'm the guy Will mentioned with the red 1978 FJ40. It's not driveable at the moment so I'm gonna have to wait to post some serious pics. Looking forward to getting together!

Mine is a frame off restoration from 2000. It was not a high end restoration since the owner at that time was simply looking for a good daily driver. It had an engine rebuild and also has an aluminum tub ...mostly stock otherwise. Getting the carb rebuilt right now by Mark A in California and I've got to put a new exhaust header and intake gasket on before its driveable again

Hey Cottonland Cruisers! This is my first post. I'm the guy Will mentioned with the red 1978 FJ40. It's not driveable at the moment so I'm gonna have to wait to post some serious pics. Looking forward to getting together!

Mine is a frame off restoration from 2000. It was not a high end restoration since the owner at that time was simply looking for a good daily driver. It had an engine rebuild and also has an aluminum tub ...mostly stock otherwise. Getting the carb rebuilt right now by Mark A in California and I've got to put a new exhaust header and intake gasket on before its driveable again

WELCOME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom