Heavy duty replacement for 5th gen tailgate struts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Gobi ladder on the back of my 2011 4Runner. The weight makes lifting the tailgate a bear to accomplish. Does anyone know of an appropriate heavy duty replacement for the OEM struts?

Wow, I'm amazed that in almost one month no one has been able to suggest a better, stronger set of struts for Dusty our 4Runner.

We're heading out in just a couple of days to meet several friends in Glenns Ferry, ID. This is where we will be starting our version of the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route. Being mostly retired old f*rts, we're planning on taking up to 14 days to do it with several two nights in one campsite episodes. There are a couple fires up ahead, but we can reroute around them if necessay. Planning on doing the Magruder Corridor over the weekend to miss the construction activity occurring during the week. Going back to our old Freespirit Recreation trailer after wrecking our newer unit last summer. Wish us good luck!

Dale
8D8B8890-C41B-41EA-BCC6-7D4206236330.jpeg

Wow, I'm amazed that in almost one month no one has been able to suggest a better, stronger set of struts for Dusty our 4Runner.

We're heading out in just a couple of days to meet several friends in Glenns Ferry, ID. This is where we will be starting our version of the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route. Being mostly retired old f*rts, we're planning on taking up to 14 days to do it with several two nights in one campsite episodes. There are a couple fires up ahead, but we can reroute around them if necessay. Planning on doing the Magruder Corridor over the weekend to miss the construction activity occurring during the week. Going back to our old Freespirit Recreation trailer after wrecking our newer unit last summer. Wish us good luck!

DaleView attachment 3082869

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom