headlight washers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I dont ask many questions but on a KZJ 78 how does the headlight washers work ? I cant find any switches for it , It works if you operate the relay but i cant find a switch on the dash.
Dave

Turn headlights on, spray the window... and the lights get wet too.

~John

Cheers , i,ll have a go , just never noticed the water level drop over time .
Dave

Mine do not work even with the lights on. Does the headlight washer share a common pump with the windshield washer or is there a water line that could be loose or broken? (1990 LJ78)
Thanks......................1978HJ45

I was never able to make mine work either. I tried everything. On the 78 the headlight bottle and pump are seprate from the wiper washer bottle and the pump. The headlight bottle and pump is behind the first battery on the left fender. The oddest part is that the head light bottle is 3 times the size of the wiper washer bottle. Anyways the head light washer set up got tossed and my winch solenoid pack and plug took it's place. You can power the motor and see if it works then start tracing the problem.

Take care

Thanks....I assumed the same tank and pump would be used for both applications. It is a good starting point in trying to rectify the problem. ........................1978HJ45

On my 1990 LJ78 there is fluid in the bottle and all of the plumbing is intact however it does not spray the headlights. I assume the actual pump is the problem and I have to weigh the expense of replacing the pump versus occasionally having dirty headlights. ...............1978HJ45

Cheers Guys , A double tap for me and they work fine , Only stays on for a few seconds tho , could do with more on time.
Dave

The 80-series have a dedicated switch for the headlight washer. Switch on the lights, then you get a 1 second spray with each push of the button. Perhaps you could find the washer switch from a non-North American 80-series. Or any momentary switch will work. Wire it up with a relay energized by the headlights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom