Headlight ?s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would be shocked if they were 'standard' round lights on the production vehicles...that just seems far too old-school for a new design such as this...IMO.

HID's?

Actually, probably not... aren't HID bulbs a bit sensative to vibration and jarring?

I was not referring to HIds... but

HIDs have no filament, so my understanding is that if they are built right they are vibration resistant

HIDs are much more resistant to jarring than normal halogen, which is why the aviation industry is switching to them (absorbs the shock of landing much better than halogen)

I believe the fjcrusahs headlights are just normal headlamps with replaceable halogen bulbs, like found on the current land cruiser

Yeah, you can bet your paycheck they'll be plastic housings with replaceable halogen bulbs.

Are you sure you are talking about the FJ Cruiser anyways? Why talk about upgrading to eurospec non DOT's without the vehicle even being available yet?

Yep we are talking about upgrades already...

I have the non dots on two vehicles.... alot better than plastics. Got to avoid the critters at night.

Plus I have dreams of lifts, lockers, winches, bumpers, gps, tires, and lots more.... maybe even a snow plow:)

First vehicle that I have EVER put a deposit on without seeing it.

I have owned american crap until now. I sold an Excursion it was the happiest day of my life............

I am excited to have a new toyota cruiser

Well you will be able to put non DOT bulbs in it but you won't be changing the housing. I understand where you are coming from. My 911 is euro spec and the lighting is better than the US spec cars. Still the modern day reflector housings are pretty darn good. The bulbs will help you a good bit.

What color did you order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom