Headlight restoration products? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Anyone have any luck with these?

TTT

Headlight restoration in what way?

Discoloration, chipping, hazing, reflector rusting, etc... (Not that I have any suggestions, but it would help, I imagine).

Just saw your sig. line and I'm assuming that it is for your rig, with 8"-ish round headlights?

Headlight restoration in what way?

Discoloration, chipping, hazing, reflector rusting, etc... (Not that I have any suggestions, but it would help, I imagine).

Just saw your sig. line and I'm assuming that it is for your rig, with 8"-ish round headlights?
No, it's my company truck; '98 Dakota and my wife's '97 F150.

Both have that dingy yellowing plastic. I know there are kits out there that claim to make them good as new. Just wondered if anyone has used them and how long it lasts..

Maybe it's just an Arizona sun issue...

Might not be relevant(sp), but when I was visiting the US last summer, my buddy and I tried to mend the flaking of his Grand Cherokee with one of those products.

Well... first they have you rub the surface with this (sand)paper thingy and it just scratched the hell out of the surface...

Hope you come across a better product.:D

I use rubbing compound for automotive paint to polish em.

Why the dont make 'em out of glass anymore, I dont understand..
Cost issue more than likely..
The new replacements are $$$$$ though!

I have polished plastic lenses with varying grits of wet-sanding and then rubbing compound, it will make it shiny, but I don't know about the yellowing.

My rep from Carquest was pimping some stuff at me the other day.

He says it works great.
Thanks Gumby,
I've got a Carquest in my little podunk town, I'll let you know if their product is any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom